Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2008/2009

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2008/2009

Post by wasaint »

He you gop Guys ang Girls you wanted a new thread here it is
SamW

Other minor fires/incidents etc - 2008/2009

Post by SamW »

I know it says rescue, but I think this fits here as it don't fit under bush or structural.

3rd alarm Hasmat in Rockingham somewhere. Ammonia Spill
Rockingham 1st and 2nd
Hope Valley
Murdock SET
FLO
DM
ICV
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

SamW wrote:I know it says rescue, but I think this fits here as it don't fit under bush or structural.

Rockingham 1st and 2nd
Hope Valley
Murdock SET
FLO
DM
ICV
This is at the Rockingham Tip.

Should the topic not be misc incidents. There is already a t/a section in police and major structure and bush in fesa section.
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

bomber wrote:
SamW wrote:I know it says rescue, but I think this fits here as it don't fit under bush or structural.

Rockingham 1st and 2nd
Hope Valley
Murdock SET
FLO
DM
ICV
This is at the Rockingham Tip.

Should the topic not be misc incidents. There is already a t/a section in police and major structure and bush in fesa section.
Agree, its more appropriate to have a misc section so we dont have 6 threads crossing over each other due to the similar content.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

is baldivis there?seeing its there area.or its it esl 2
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

The reason there is a ta post here was that not all of us ar into the police section and seen as they have gone digital its prob a good idea to have one were most people are going to be listening and that would be FESA now
Oh and Excuse the spelling
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

chrissss wrote:is baldivis there?seeing its there area.or its it esl 2
no call out yet mate.
doubt we will be there for a hazmat spill, we can only supply water :(
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

I doubt it. Cause its a hazmat not a bush fire regardless of the area. Baldivis wouldnt be equipt for such jobs would they?
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

realfirie wrote:
I doubt it. Cause its a hazmat not a bush fire regardless of the area. Baldivis wouldnt be equipt for such jobs would they?
Bushies can (and do) end up at HAZMAT jobs, particularly to supply water if its required.

Bit of a misinterpretation of the name there too.. As far as fires are concerned, Bush Fire Brigade's are responsible for ALL fires in their area of responsibility (including car, structure etc).. the act outlines this. In reality, the Rural Fire Brigade/Service name would be more appropriate (which is probably why they changed the name to this in NSW!).
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Fastlane you hit the nail on the Head i think there are a few people on here that need to realise that just because it says BUSHFIRE that is not the only thing they are responsible for. there are more areas that they can and do deal in. and with out all the types of brigades this state would struggle, if you were to take any one of those out of the system then the others would find it extremely hard to cope. So its about time that people realised we need all the Current Active brigades to work TOGETHER not just do there own thing and to Realise that just becuase you get Paid dont mean you are anybetter than anyone ELSE!!

There My veiws and might not be correct but TOUGH
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

Last edited by Smithy on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

the key word in this was hazmat SPILL
not hazmat FIRE
In a FIRE rocky 1st,2nd and hope valley will require a water source somehow, so im assuming our 9.2 and 4.4 will be asked to assist and possibly kwinana sth4.4 and other high quantity water carriers in the area IF NEEDED

we have nothing for a spill

hope this clears a little bit up for you guys, if someone knows more please correct if im wrong
cheers
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

No BFB brigades moblised to the hazmat incident. The Baldivis Chief did attend.

Wasnt actually a spill more a liquid that was seeping from the ground. Nil water required just BA and Splash suits.
jasonjag
Banned

315 TA

Post by jasonjag »

Murdock 1 and Freo 2nd turning out to TA 315 at Rockingham rd and Pheonix rds 1016.. Police and SJA are now in attendance, Fireies handed it over to them, no injuries. 1030
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Its Murdoch and Phoenix.