Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2008/2009

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Forgive me for sounding awful but i think that takes a bit of the edge off it.
If they were driving like idiots it could just as easily have been us or somebody that we know that they hit.
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="Leigh"]Forgive me for sounding awful but i think that takes a bit of the edge off it.
If they were driving like idiots it could just as easily have been us or somebody that we know that they hit.[/quote]

Other news reports say they were traveling so fast, became airborne before hitting and (Rubber necks caused)
The crash caused two other vehicles to collide several minutes later on Pinjarra Rd, 100m east.
A Mitsubishi Magna and another Commodore collided when one swerved into the path of the other after its driver was distracted by the crash, police said.
Weedmeister

Post by Weedmeister »

Hi Leigh,
There is still more to it on top of what jasonjag said. I can't say anything at moment, though there will be a lot more trouble from this crash in the near future. It was a crap job to go to being the first emergency service vehilce at scene.
jasonjag
Banned

Car v Wall

Post by jasonjag »

Yanchep Frs attending Car v Wall, drive done runner, Police requested Marmian ave x ?? Butler Stood down 2115
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

I understand that the police cannot be listened to now, But do we really need a running commentry of what is heard on the scanner?

Let's face it.

FRS will turn out to MVA's, Persons Trapped, DBA's & all sorts of wacked jobs ... At one stage, every day...
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Perth 1st and 2nd at incident in east perth, smoke emitting from 3rd floor,building at corner Goderich and Bennett st.
Confirm 2nd alarm, crews in BA, using axe to gain entry.
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Canning vale, maddington and murdoch set are at 2nd alarm hazmat in jandakot.
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Re: East Perth
Pot on stove, thought this would be the case.
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Millsy wrote:I understand that the police cannot be listened to now, But do we really need a running commentry of what is heard on the scanner?

Let's face it.

FRS will turn out to MVA's, Persons Trapped, DBA's & all sorts of wacked jobs ... At one stage, every day...

Yeah, sorry mate, we do.
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Homestead rd, Gosnells.
Smoke emitting from roof, 2nd alarm, Armadale 1st and Welshpool in attendance.
1718: Two men in BA, carrying out search and rescue.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Leigh wrote:Perth 1st and 2nd at incident in east perth, smoke emitting from 3rd floor,building at corner Goderich and Bennett st.
Confirm 2nd alarm, crews in BA, using axe to gain entry.
Cool I wondered what the incident was though I would have said the cross as Hill street rather than Bennett but thanks. Saw Perth 2nd driving back to the station around 1645 or there abouts.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Yeah, they originally said hill but then changed it to bennett.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

Leigh wrote:Homestead rd, Gosnells.
Smoke emitting from roof, 2nd alarm, Armadale 1st and Welshpool in attendance.
1718: Two men in BA, carrying out search and rescue.
you guys ever tho about been radio operator.
this what the radio op types when captain calling the radio. it goes into the I.R
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Our AMP building in the Terrace had a DBA alarm - as a floor warden - we were mobolised to standby for further instructions...

I think Perth 2nd turned out and found that our Lev 20 smoke detector was set off - burnt toast in the kitchen lol :lol: Glad it wasnt my floor...

So no evac was req...
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
jasonjag
Banned

rediculas

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="gkoutlis"]Our AMP building in the Terrace had a DBA alarm - as a floor warden - we were mobolised to standby for further instructions...

I think Perth 2nd turned out and found that our Lev 20 smoke detector was set off - burnt toast in the kitchen lol :lol: Glad it wasnt my floor...

So no evac was req...[/quote]

Its so rediculas that emergency services get called P2 to some clown who forgot thier toast, heard on radio this morning simular 2 incodents where shower steam set off fire alarms, waste of resources.