Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2008/2009

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Other minor fires/incidents etc - 2008/2009

Post by written_ficton »

kylep wrote:
Smithy wrote: shouldnt be doing controlled burns now
It's largely up to the local CBFCO. In a lot of LGAs, the public burning period ceases, but the Fire Brigades are allowed some extension, based on conditions/approval by the CBFCO. This happens most years in Kalamunda. The other fun thing is there are some residents (some repeat offenders) who don't know/don't care/ignore the restricted burning period, and cause the Fire Brigades and Rangers no end of hassle.
I agree there kylep that they cause both parties the Rangers & Fire Brigades hassel with the later more so than the first. Though I believe that the fines are not there to discourage some people
I've closed the door!
Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

Fire in portapotty and shed on building site up Joondalup way.
Joondallup attending.

EDIT:Fire at the back of the golf club in cottesloe. Claremont and Fremantle 2nd turning out.

¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
jasonjag
Banned

Car Accident Person Trapped

Post by jasonjag »

Rockingham, Rockingham 1st, Hope Valley FRS attending Car accident Person Trapped Old Mandurah Rd x Office Rd. 1310

Edit, No Person Trapped, waiting for SJA. 1315
Edit, Hope Valley 2 cars involved, Rockingham 2nd stood down. 1318.
gkoutlis

Re: Miscellaneous incidents including RESCUES 2008

Post by gkoutlis »

We had Daglish fly past us tonight on Stirling Hwy and pulled up at the IGA store just before it... Anyone know what it was?? Alot of police cars and van's there - didn't see smoke or Vehicle crash.... Time: 21:30 approx
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

Last night, about 10.15 ( was watching the end of Rush) I heard sirens and fired up ye olde scanner. Was a 1st alarm rubbish fire in Huntingdale I think. was an illegal burn by the owner and he put it out with a garden hose. What provoked extra thought for me is that both Maddington and Canning Vale were turned out. I thought this was a bit over the top for a 1st alarm?

On second thoughts, if the fire had spread, it may have threatened homes, ssuming it was in a backyard.

Oh well, better safe than sorry!
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

Depends on what informaton the caller gave. The caller may have said that it was a house on fire, so responding 2 stations isn't over the top.

It is not uncommon to hear multiple stations turn out to incidents and the first arriving to give a 1st Alarm
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Mug wrote:Last night, about 10.15 ( was watching the end of Rush) I heard sirens and fired up ye olde scanner. Was a 1st alarm rubbish fire in Huntingdale I think. was an illegal burn by the owner and he put it out with a garden hose. What provoked extra thought for me is that both Maddington and Canning Vale were turned out. I thought this was a bit over the top for a 1st alarm?

On second thoughts, if the fire had spread, it may have threatened homes, ssuming it was in a backyard.

Oh well, better safe than sorry!
If ma bush was on fire I'd rather have multiple units turning out as bush fires can get out of control..... really quick!
I've closed the door!
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

2nd alarm scrub
West Churchhill ave x fawcett rd, munster.

Success
Murdoch
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

2nd alarm scrub fire in sawyers last night.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Got a scrub fire West Leederville / Subiaco, reports unknown at this present time

Somehow i think its going to be a busy night for us tonight
I've closed the door!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Fire contained by the clever use of some backyard garden hoses....
I've closed the door!
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Is this the same as the Thomas St West Perth (near Kings Park) one? There's a few units turning out to that still.

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Im up in the AMP building at work and saw DM Metro - Under fire call conditions (New Nissan Pathfinder 4WD) - heading up St.Georges Tce - approx 16:24
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Must be fairly major, Belmont ICV is turning out.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Perth 2nd now flew past AMP building - Emergency Fire call conditions - heading up St.Georges towards Kings Park. 16:32
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member