Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2008/2009

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: BRT

Post by bomber »

Jonesy wrote:
bomber wrote:
flashover wrote:As a new member, I thought it was normal for the BRT to be on its own with only 2 firemen and no FA. I see it all the time here in Kalamunda
The difference is career v volunteer. Also FA are bushfire vehicles FRS call them Light tankers
It is of my understanding that BFS call them Light Tankers now too, but i may be mistaken. We certainly do anyway.
Some are still labelled as F/A though, hence the reason why Flashover has seen it. What i was trying to say is that its a term from the BFB rather than the FRS side
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

LT/FA2 At Baldivis is still labled as a F/A - Tho we'll use the call sign of LT2 :)
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Up until around 5 years ago, BFS used Fast Attack, and FRS/WAFB used Light Tanker. Common Terminology is now Light Tanker. I think this was around the same time that alot of callsigns changed. Causes some confusion in areas where there is FRS and BFS, eg Kalamunda. BFS have numbered their LTs from 2 on, so as not to confuse the ComCen supposedly.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

You can see on mine where it was labelled FA3 (Fast Attack 3). It now ID's as "College Light Tanker".
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

Millsy wrote:LT/FA2 At Baldivis is still labled as a F/A - Tho we'll use the call sign of LT2 :)
Im suprised its not yellow.

:P
jasonjag
Banned

several trapped

Post by jasonjag »

Joondalup and Wangara Frs have turned out to 2 seperate TA in Paradine st Joondalup with several people trapped, 2 Ambulances are at the scene. 1953
Another Ambulance required to another TA on Hodges Drve 2001
Edit) This serious accident resulted in a ding on the freeway and the rear vehicle driver took to the other with a wheel brace pulled him out of the car and car jacked his vehicle with wife still inside, she was bashed and jumped out as the stolen vehicle ran a red light and seriuosly injured a woman in a T bone crash, he faces 30 charges. ch 9 and 10 news
Last edited by jasonjag on Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

bomber wrote:Flashover, dont worry about it too much. In answer to your question though what you will find is that the Career FRS will have 4 firies turning out generally, 2 on the Pump and 2 following on the LT.
I could've sworn I mentioned 2 in pump, 2 in LT when someone said they saw a truck and queried if it was coming back from being serviced but it seems my post has disappeared! (uh, why anyone?)
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Seeing as the manning convo is still going, another thing to consider is that the Pump and LT can be responding from different locations, so you may only see one or the other. eg, out doing Hydrant servicing in different suburbs.

Whilst not necessarily ideal, vols can also meet the appliance at the incident. Most brigades allow this if you have to drive past the incident to get the station. And let's not discuss the pro's and con's, it's just what happens.
jasonjag
Banned

inappropriate

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="Fastlane"][quote="bomber"]Flashover, dont worry about it too much. In answer to your question though what you will find is that the Career FRS will have 4 firies turning out generally, 2 on the Pump and 2 following on the LT. [/quote]

I could've sworn I mentioned 2 in pump, 2 in LT when someone said they saw a truck and queried if it was coming back from being serviced but it seems my post has disappeared! (uh, why anyone?)[/quote]

inappropriate personal attacks were removed by admin. leave it at that.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Re: inappropriate

Post by Fastlane »

jasonjag wrote:inappropriate personal attacks were removed by admin. leave it at that.
Wasn't an attack. Was just an observation that this is an 'incidents' thread, not a "I just saw a fire truck" thread? :)

But that's ok. I think it's getting easier to NOT participate these days :D
jasonjag
Banned

Car V Pole

Post by jasonjag »

Car v Pole Victoria Park, Kensington FRS & Perth 3 Frs called, then Perth 3 stood down, police in attendance. no further details. 2124 Western Power requested by Kensington Frs, More police required for traffic control. 2134
Last edited by jasonjag on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Car V Pole

Post by munchkin1981 »

jasonjag wrote:Car v Pole Victoria Park, Perth Frs called, then stood down, police in attendance. no further details. 2124 Western Power requested by Perth Frs, More police required for traffic control. 2134

i thought u said they got stood down which is it they were there or stood down
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Hey guys just spotted 2 cop cars ,water catchment ranger on ashedon Rd roleystone,Karragulen and 2 SES crews heading up Brookton hyw any one have any more Info (nice day for a bush walk LOL)
jasonjag
Banned

TA Duncraig

Post by jasonjag »

Duncraig Frs Called to TA Fuel spill, Mullaloo Rd 1846, Vehicle rolled on roof, driver done runner, residents rolled car back on wheels and moved it of road, cleaned up some oil spill. 1856
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

wasaint wrote:Hey guys just spotted 2 cop cars ,water catchment ranger on ashedon Rd roleystone,Karragulen and 2 SES crews heading up Brookton hyw any one have any more Info (nice day for a bush walk LOL)
Man lost near Canning Dam
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... 295812.htm