Kwinana beach

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Always RX

Kwinana beach

Post by Always RX »

This morning i heard a fireground operating at kwinana beach, with the BA tech from forrestfield taking 36 bottles of air and other gear down to a toxic/chemical event....sounds smelly.....forklift crews moving pallets to find the source....still tuned
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

If any firefighter calls them bottles they owe a carton. They should be called cylinders. :)
Millsy

Re: Kwinana beach

Post by Millsy »

Always RX wrote:This morning i heard a fireground operating at kwinana beach, with the BA tech from forrestfield taking 36 bottles of air and other gear down to a toxic/chemical event....sounds smelly.....forklift crews moving pallets to find the source....still tuned
Did You find out anymore details about that fire where the 36 CYLINDERS needed to go [/url]
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

ya it was on the news last night didn't catch where it was though
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Due to the heat a bunch of containers of a particular chemical had started to react. Missed the name but it started with an A. Channel 7 news said that crews went in with gas masks.... from what I saw it was BA.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

I guess u saw it on the news..but it was CIBA the chemical company. A substance used in water purification had reacted and was smoking. Crews entered in full BA with full hazmat procedures and the DoE emergency response crews were there monitoring the atmosphere etc. And im guessing that techie owes a few cartons....im sure he said bottles... :lol:
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

my uncle works at ciba ill get the low down next time i see him
eukanuba

Post by eukanuba »

I don't remember anyone on the forklifts or the radio saying bottles..

It certainly wasnt one of my boys, do you know what kind of a bollocking they'd get if they said 'bottle' :)

If you're keen to really know what happened, I can copy the incident report overview :)

- Chris.