old gear

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

old gear

Post by philby »

just a quick question
turnout gear with the pinkish reflective stripping
is it for training or just old issue?
can you use it and be covered (insurance) if something happens?
just found a shit load on station.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Philby,

If its the yellow gear with the orange stripping it should be fine. The gear with that color striping in the metro frs atleast is spare gear that is housed at numerous stations so that firies can sign it out whilst there gear is getting washed/repaired or replaced.
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

good on ya bomber.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

isnt the cfrs spare gear

green with yellow and red reflective strips?
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

The older style spare gear has always been the orangeish/pinkish color. Have not seen any with silver and red unless it is newer spare gear that has been released.

The new trial gear has yellow/silver striping.
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Hey bomber i think they are refering to the new issue turout gear that fesa are tryiling it is simular to qfrs and melbournes has the stripin on it and also has eppilate holders on the shoulders
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

wasaint

As i mentioned in my post the orange band gear ( which is what was asked) is the spare gear in the stations for temp loan to firies. What i was saying is that there may be new old style gear at stations where the band has been changed to an orange and silver as mentioned by chrisss

I have seen and worn the new trial gear and that has yellow and gray reflective stripes.
Stu

Post by Stu »

That gear with the orange striping is indeed emergency issue but I have been told that the reflective striping does not meet Australian Standards for reflective ability (unlike the silver/grey or the new trial gear) so it should not be worn.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

http://www.shcc.com.au/wildland-ffg.htm

this is the style there trialling except is greeny not yellow.