Very Sad news on one of our Members

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Update on Buddah has been through seven hours of surgery the next few days will be critical on his recovery fingers crossed he pulls through. Hang in there Buddah
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Hear hear.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Just a small thought here - and don't shoot me down for it - would it be a good idea to chip in say $5 per member to put towards a bunch of flowers or something - With a get well card attached???
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Bigfella78

Post by Bigfella78 »

gkoutlis wrote:Just a small thought here - and don't shoot me down for it - would it be a good idea to chip in say $5 per member to put towards a bunch of flowers or something - With a get well card attached???
I think thats a great idea.. I'll put up my $5 for Budda.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Ditto me - I don't have a paypal account so where can I send it or who can I meet up with? (I work in town)
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Thanks guys,

I've been PM'd by one of the Mods and a decision will be made by them and will in turn let us know.

I too work in the city and dont have a paypal account - so im sure we can come to a arrangement.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Ive met buddah a couple off times so count me in.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

count me in aswell
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Hi Guys i like the idea of sending something to Buddah but at this stage it would be well advised to wait a few Days <possibly weeks> as he is still in intensive care He is still listed as critical just an update the surgery seems to have gone well < still a lot more to come> there still not saying anything longterm yet and he is still under extreme medical care i will endevour to keep you all informed and if his condition changes i will let you no as soon as possible . On the 2 other members who were also involved 1 has been moved to the spinal unit and the other is to have more surgery which with lots of hope and luck will help his recovery as well.
Once again im sure Buddah would appreciate the support you guys have showing him and lets just hope he pulls through this tough time.

Hang in there Buddah
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

We're all hoping they all get well soon. :)

(Congrats wasaint on submitting the 5000th post in the FESA forum. :D)
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Thanks WP wish it had only been something other than this i had posted about
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I agree wholeheartedly.
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

All the best to Buddah. I'll gladly put in to send something. Just let me know what the go is.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Following wasaint's post above, there's probably no point in organising something quite yet until Buddah's out of intensive care.

However as soon as he's making good progress in his recovery, we'll definitely do something.

Stay tuned :P

Good to hear the other two are on the mend as well...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

Bassendean VFRS sends there best wishes to those members affected and hopes for a speedy recovery.