the volunteers

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

woobla

the volunteers

Post by woobla »

this is just a question for the fire brigade volunteers.

so out in the non metro area, do the volunteers attend all the things the metro fire vehicles do? like car accidents etc..? with all the equipment??

I am just curious, and how does the emergency calls get to you? is 000 re routed to a mobile number or something???

thanks.
mark.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Woobla,

Brigades are informed of calls in several different ways. They are

Group call system - This is linked to the commcen and is a direct numkber to brigade members who are listed on teh system. Details are given out to members on the phone by the operator ( just like ringing a friend)

Pager and sms message.
WPXZBP

Re: the volunteers

Post by WPXZBP »

woobla wrote:this is just a question for the fire brigade volunteers.
so out in the non metro area, do the volunteers attend all the things the metro fire vehicles do? like car accidents etc..? with all the equipment??
Yes. BFS volunteers attend bush-fires and other incidents they are capable of handling. FRS volunteers attend all incidents as per their capabilities. Most FRS Brigades have a pumper like a Light Pumper (eg Merredin), Country Pumper (eg Albany), HSR (eg Walpole), 2.4UT (eg Mount Barker), or 3.4UT (eg Mount Magnet) and a Light Tanker. Those with an LP, 2.4 or 3.4 will have a rescue trailer if they have the rescue role as those appliances don't carry rescue gear. Some Brigades don't have the rescue role as the local SES do. (eg Pingelly)
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

HI ,i know its off topic , but its about vollie's.
ive been interested in joining the vollies of a while and at the wanneroo show this year i saigned up to become a cadet , but they havent rang me back , i could get in contact with them but i thought id ask around on here first.
1) What do cadets do, ive been told under 15's just train and when you turn 16 you can be called out to bush fires
2)Is it worth it or is it just boring
3)Like most people on here i have an interest in 2-way rad comm.s, as a 15 yo do they let you use any radios

and is there any young vollies on WARSUG????
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

you have to attend three meetings atleast then after that they decide. and then do trainnning.. if dnt wanna do that, could sign up for wanneroo support group.
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

cheers mate , what do wanneroo suport do , back up wanneroo and quinns??
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

i have NO idea but i know they do radio stuff...
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here