DM's

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Toottoot
Banned

DM's

Post by Toottoot »

How many and what are the call signs for the DMs. Are they all FESA or are there BFBs as well?

Heard
DM metro
DM west coastal?
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

DM Reilley?
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Toottoot wrote:DM Reilley?
Thats his name. He is DM West Coastel today
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

DM perth south east, DM West Coastal,Dm South Coastal , Dm North Hills ,and so on they are fesa /FRS and then there are BFS which are CFM <then there call sign>
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

the FRS dm will have DM then either there name or Area

eg DM Perth Hills South, or DM Johnston

BFB have a FCO (Fire Control Officer) a Chief and a Deputy

so they wil be FCO watkins, Or Serpentine Chief or Serpentine Deputy
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Not correct, Buddah and wasaint.

CFM's are *not* District Managers.

For Bushies in the Metro Area, FESA has 1 DM per region. So you'll have DM North Coastal, North East, South Coastal and South East.

As far as local govt is concerned, you have a Chief Bush Fire Control Officer, at least one Deputy Chief (and sometimes more) and also FCO's. Some local Govts (in the country) have a heap of FCO's.. I've seen some with more than 20. FCO's are responsible for issuing burning permits amongst many other things.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Do the DMs work out of every station or just the larger ones? Where are the FIOs based? Perth Station?
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

Toottoot wrote:Do the DMs work out of every station or just the larger ones? Where are the FIOs based? Perth Station?
DM's are based at regional offices. FIO would be at FESA house.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

DM Swan
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

Toottoot wrote:DM Swan
DM wanneroo as well i think
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

Last edited by firefly.000 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
KAB

Post by KAB »

BuddahFRS wrote:the FRS dm will have DM then either there name or Area

eg DM Perth Hills South, or DM Johnston

BFB have a FCO (Fire Control Officer) a Chief and a Deputy

so they wil be FCO watkins, Or Serpentine Chief or Serpentine Deputy
There is 4 FCO's in each brigade and two deputy chiefs (one each end of the shire) and 1 chief that is for my shire anyway

cheers
KAB
"Bakers51" BFS
"Kingfisher"on UHF
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

fastlane i never said CFM s were DMs i was stating that after Dm s you CFM for BFS they are also the Cheifs for there area as in the case of Swan/Wannaroo and Mundaring Gosnells used to be a CFM but they pulled out of the MOU with FESA so there Cheif is now just nowen as a Cheif You also have Dms which are preaty well only invoved in Bushfires ie DM Perh south east he only attends Bushfires any structual in this area then Dm hills or Dm canning will attend
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

wasaint wrote:fastlane i never said CFM s were DMs i was stating that after Dm s you CFM for BFS they are also the Cheifs for there area as in the case of Swan/Wannaroo and Mundaring Gosnells used to be a CFM but they pulled out of the MOU with FESA so there Cheif is now just nowen as a Cheif You also have Dms which are preaty well only invoved in Bushfires ie DM Perh south east he only attends Bushfires any structual in this area then Dm hills or Dm canning will attend
It's down to the brigades in attendance, not the type of fire it is. If there are FRS Brigades and BFB Brigades at a 3rd alarm structure fire, you'll usually find the on-call BFS manager also attends (same with bush fires).
pumps

Post by pumps »

to clear up the confusion:

a DM is a District Manager, either FRS or BFS based at a regional office, eg DM North East (BFS), North Coastal (BFS), South East (BFS), South Coastal (BFS), or eg DM Swan (FRS), or DM Metro (FRS Duty Officer), FRS DM's also often use their own names.
a CFM is a Community Fire Manager, BFS/Shire Based, eg CFM Swan, CFM Mundaring or CFM Wanneroo
Chief is an abreiviation for Cheif Bush Fire Control Officer, normally also a CFM
There is Deputy Chiefs as well normally mix of paid and volunteer shire based officers.
a FIO is a Fire Investigation Officer
a MLO is a Media Liason Officer
A FMO is a Fire Management Officer and so on and so on,
if u want to know any others post them up here and ill tell you!!