Major Fires 2007/08 (Bush/Scrub)

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

chrissss wrote:
Markmywords wrote:Anyone know whats going on down rockingham rd ?

Fire/power line down somewhere on rockingham rd
anyone got anymore info onthis?
Chris

There was two seperate fires on rockingham rd. 1 was at spearwood so would be the one mentioned near russell rd.

There was also a secoind fire near coates hire on rocky rd x lionel rd naval base.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

bomber wrote:
chrissss wrote:
Markmywords wrote:Anyone know whats going on down rockingham rd ?

Fire/power line down somewhere on rockingham rd
anyone got anymore info onthis?
Chris

There was two seperate fires on rockingham rd. 1 was at spearwood so would be the one mentioned near russell rd.

There was also a secoind fire near coates hire on rocky rd x lionel rd naval base.
this was yesterdays fire which rocko 2nd +3rd kwinana hv and success and canning vale 2.4 attended?

i was refering to the fire the night before.

anyone got any information on smoke comingh from near mandurah soemwhere,possibly could be a cloud.

cheers
Jared
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Jared »

Im listening to the online scanner and there is a Pinjarra fire. Several brigades, 3 helitacs and a ICV just mobilised, i think i heard in a transmission that houses have already gone up.
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

just saw rockingham icv fly past my house firecall to pinjarra incident
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Anyone hear about a fire incident or possible dba alarm in the city in the past 15mins - Had a Perth pump on Fire Call conditions then approx 10mins later second pump on Fire Call conditions going down the Terrace heading westerly...
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Jared
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Jared »

Microwave fire. Perth 1st (I think) dealt with it.
Enviro

Post by Enviro »

gkoutlis wrote:Anyone hear about a fire incident or possible dba alarm in the city in the past 15mins - Had a Perth pump on Fire Call conditions then approx 10mins later second pump on Fire Call conditions going down the Terrace heading westerly...
Microwave on fire in kitchen 13th floor (unsure which building). Went third alarm. Fire is out now Perth 3rd, CLP stood down
Perth 1st, 2nd and DM Metro in attendance still
Enviro
Please consider the environment
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

apparently ther is a fire in muchea aswell.
have also seen carson and the other 2 helitacs fly over my house to pinjarra.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Jared and Enviro - many thanks for confirming that - I am right on the cnr of St.Georges Tce and William - (work) - and saw the two tearing down the Terrace ... - Glad it was nothing major.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

Smithy wrote:apparently ther is a fire in muchea aswell.
have also seen carson and the other 2 helitacs fly over my house to pinjarra.
3rd alarm
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Yes Muchea has asked for a further FRS pump as there are property under threat and also a property fire going at the moment this wind would be making it hard for them at the moment especialy if its in open farm land
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

Jared wrote:Im listening to the online scanner and there is a Pinjarra fire. Several brigades, 3 helitacs and a ICV just mobilised, i think i heard in a transmission that houses have already gone up.
any more info on the houses
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Is Muchea - towards Waneroo where all the smoke is in the sky????
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

gkoutlis wrote:Is Muchea - towards Waneroo where all the smoke is in the sky????
Brand Highway near Bullsbrook.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Yes