Major Fires 2007/08 (Bush/Scrub)

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

I believe it made the tip. I have nt seen a fire like that since dwellingup earlier this year. The fire front moved extremely fast and kept jumping roads. The only reason why no homes were lost in orelia was that huge wall that runs along the back or there would have been some sad home owners. One thing that i would recommend is more boys n gals in blue they were called quite early to close roads but took a while to get into position. After nearly being knocked over about 4 times by speeding and panicing drivers they final got it under control.

I think she will burn for a few more days!

But thanks to all the BFS/FRS/WAPOL/Wpower everyone worked really hard. And if i forgot anyone wooops lol.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

I'll post some pics up later on this evening.

Just a small patch we were working on - But gives a good indication on what we were up against !!

And as for that new chopper! - Tis a Hugeeeee Bitch ! hahaha
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Its xmas ive got snowwwwwwwwww well ash falling at my house hahaha close enough
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

hahahahah !! :lol:

About as close as we'll ever get to a "white xmas"
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Just a few pics I managed to grab in my "Spare" time on the fireground.

Appoligies for the quality. From a camera phone.

View From Baldivis Station @ 1430 - Yes that is my finger in the shot :lol:

Head of fire on Western Flank

And Again

New Chopper 'Doin It's Thang'

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Great pics Millsy.
:smt023
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Intense man! Unless it hits the proverbial in darlington I'm hoping for a quiet one tomorrow and the day after (I'm not duty team). But good on those that are out there, fighting them!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

WPXZBP wrote:Great pics Millsy.
:smt023
Cheers Bud.

If anyone wants any pics emailed - PM me. (i'll try my best to email them through :) )

Apparently this camera's 5meg so they'll blow up nicely.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Fire along Tomas Rd??
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Wangara turning out to scrub fire in Marangaroo? :/
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

now third alarm just got in from spectacles and sounds like there in for an interesting night unfortunaltly they realy need to catch those pricks
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

wat u taalkin bout was ther a seperate fire through the night??
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

i hope the frs have got a few crews patrolling the massive northern flank
its basically an invisible line straight through 3 or 4 ks of burnt and unburnt ground with moe on the northen side then what burnt yesterday so fingers crossed they'll keep an eye on it becuase it'll be heading towards the station and the control point!

anyone know if the bushies are still involved?

chris
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I heard jarrahdale heading out that way earlier last night and gosnells heading home again early this morning and more so fesa crews during crew changes down there during most off the night
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

the fire is roughly 7km wide x 1- 1.5km thick. Has a massive triangular patch towards the western flank where it hasnt burnt, their was plans last night to burn the pocket. Crews from every where, including mt helena, rolystone just to name a few. Good job by wapol to block of the roads and for the time they did, still some there today doin road blocks. The volunteers were stood down at about 2pm this morning, and the frs are doing a good job to keep it well contained. I wouldnt be saying its deliberate just yet, because they are only rumours, and i sure wouldnt be taking them as gospill ! Some lessons will hopefully be learnt from this!!!