Major Fires 2007/08 (Bush/Scrub)

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

badboyau69

Post by badboyau69 »

Hi all just got a phone call from my sister she was saying that thomas RD was on fire from the freeway past Orelia ave does anyone have any updates on this.

Thankyou
Russell
SamW

Fesa Website

Post by SamW »

Hi, Try this link, its not all that up to date but it can give you an idea..
http://www.fesa.wa.gov.au/internet/Alerts/default.aspx#

Sam
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

just got back from specs.
craziest fire ive ever witnessed.and i cant beleieve how big it was.watch all news stations tonight coz eeryone was ther.after 3 breakouts and about 200ha they finally called in rocko sj and cockburn.
alot of frs there.
i dont think they'll stop it til the ocean
chris
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

wasaint wrote:Hey Playworth do you have pics of todays fires if so post them under pics with a fire related heading ie; Job name im sure we would all like to have a look at them
do you have a email, as i cant seem to post these pics..
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

chrissss wrote:just got back from specs.
craziest fire ive ever witnessed.and i cant beleieve how big it was.watch all news stations tonight coz eeryone was ther.after 3 breakouts and about 200ha they finally called in rocko sj and cockburn.
alot of frs there.
i dont think they'll stop it til the ocean
chris
good to sdee you working hard at the fire. We got kept on station with the career staff for the area. Its amazing how many calls came through stating the fire was somewhere else. We along with 1st responded to the usual spots lake richmond, cooloongup and day rd where people had seen the spectacle fires and thought it was there.

Poor comms people today. Just listening gave me a headache
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

cheers bomber,they should've had rocko 2nd ther from near on the start

if anyone can pick up 36 its the control channel and 2x 30000 ltr water carriers just arrived.

chris
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

I drove up the freeway at 1400, and must say holy crap it looked massive. Just came back down, and well done to all involved, it's looking much nicer out there....

I believe deliberately lit???
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Chicky wrote:
I believe deliberately lit???
Hopevalley called in a rego off car that took off when they arrived at the point where the fire was, and requested it go to VKI for follow up.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

as far as i know it was,yes just went for a drive with mother and its looking alot tamer even then when i first arrived 20 minutes after it started
as far as i could see,i know there was a fire on specs drive this morning at approx 1030 and it was 2nd alarm with hope valley,success and kwinana attending.as soon as hv wer back on station about 10 minutes later i heard them turning out to the SPECTACLES fire. and the igniton point of the big one was about 500ms from the original 2nd alarm so,i believe that it was deliberately lit.

were going to be in there for weeks.

chris
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Markmywords wrote:Hopevalley called in a rego off car that took off when they arrived at the point where the fire was, and requested it go to VKI for follow up.
Excellent - hope they catch the little punks... :x
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Whos the FIO ?
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Markmywords wrote:Whos the FIO ?
Fire Investigation Officer i believe from FESA's Fire Investigation Unit. They work with the Arson Squad from WAPOL
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Oh cheers thanks-

Lets hope tomorrow is a quiet day for all those who do the firey thing
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

chrissss wrote:cheers bomber,they should've had rocko 2nd ther from near on the start

if anyone can pick up 36 its the control channel and 2x 30000 ltr water carriers just arrived.

chris
Thought we may have been called when they were desperate for 2.4 and lt but oh well. We were left to cover the well resource drained area. Just came back from a 2nd alarm house fire so 1 poor families x-mas is now ruined.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

bomber wrote:
chrissss wrote:cheers bomber,they should've had rocko 2nd ther from near on the start

chris
Thought we may have been called when they were desperate for 2.4 and lt but oh well. We were left to cover the well resource drained area. Just came back from a 2nd alarm house fire so 1 poor families x-mas is now ruined.
thats bad,was that the patio fire i heard rocko 1st go to?
hopevalley also went to a fire in coolbellup when they just arrived on station after doing 6 hours or wateva ther sop is.

the new control channel is 31,if i was better id be down the station or doin anythin to help damn this glandular fever!

i knew hey'd finally called in more resources when daglish 1st and belmont pumps arrived :shock:
i had to give the s.o from belmont the lay of the land just after it defeated us on abercrombie rd.so they could try stop it before it reached the tip dunno wether it got ther or not,the smoke makes it look like it has.

chris

chris