Heavy Helitac

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Antt wrote:Official FESA launch is this Friday at south Perth mid afternoon might be a good photo op for those enthusiasts out there.

Cant wait for them to come online, Kalamunda is the first SES unit to be trialled for the new "helitaks task force' (my words not theres) help maintain the water pick ups and keep the area safe when they have to pick up with water for there next drop.
Yeah I believe there's a push for SES to do more securing of the area when any helitacs are operational, as the collar tank crews will be ensuring the tanks are full.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Antt wrote:Official FESA launch is this Friday at south Perth mid afternoon might be a good photo op for those enthusiasts out there.
All TV crews there for this launch so watch the newses tonight. In particular the story AND closer on the ABC :wink: :D . The Carson's 'Fire King' was an awesome sight over the Swan. Took some stills and will post up when i get a chance.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

hehe so thats what I felt :P
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
teztink

Post by teztink »

Last edited by teztink on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
padfoot

Post by padfoot »

teztink wrote:

Cant wait for them to come online, Kalamunda is the first SES unit to be trialled for the new "helitaks task force' (my words not theres) help maintain the water pick ups and keep the area safe when they have to pick up with water for there next drop.
Rockingham/Kwinana is also been allocated as a regional response group for this also so Kalamunda is not alone in this.... :)
Did not see these people any where near the collar tanks on the Tuesday and Wednesday of the Spectacles Fire. Were they supposed to be there or not? Any way collar tank crews will need to have a constant water supply to keep up with 767. :lol:
teztink

Post by teztink »

Last edited by teztink on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

padfoot wrote:
teztink wrote:

Rockingham/Kwinana is also been allocated as a regional response group for this also so Kalamunda is not alone in this.... :)
Did not see these people any where near the collar tanks on the Tuesday and Wednesday of the Spectacles Fire. Were they supposed to be there or not? Any way collar tank crews will need to have a constant water supply to keep up with 767. :lol:
Nah they have a bigger tank that comes with the bird, and gets dropped off first. they fill that and it then stays fills up pretty quick, they have it big enough so that you can draw a number of times in quick succession.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
padfoot

Post by padfoot »

No worries understand. collar tanks appear to be being used more this year than the amount of times used for the Helitacs were first introduced. One question still bothering me is when the helitacs and collar tank first introduced I was awre that FESA supplied 7 in the metro area, 2 to FRS crews at Welshpool and Daglish and the remainder to BFB crews in addition to the ones in the Serpentine Shire. Are the two still with Daglish and Welshpool and how many BFB crews have them? I know of the first five Fesa supplied and two Serpy collar tanks.
Last edited by padfoot on Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Darlington has 2 tanks, Wanneroo has 2 tanks, or at least that's what they had setup at the Carine open space.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Tyranus wrote:Darlington has 2 tanks, Wanneroo has 2 tanks, or at least that's what they had setup at the Carine open space.
Wanneroo has 1, unless another one has appeared in the past few weeks. The second may have been from Daglish?

The SES crews are for 'security'.. basically to keep spectators out of the flight path of the aircraft.
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Gosnells Also has One
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Fastlane wrote:
Tyranus wrote:Darlington has 2 tanks, Wanneroo has 2 tanks, or at least that's what they had setup at the Carine open space.
Wanneroo has 1, unless another one has appeared in the past few weeks. The second may have been from Daglish?

The SES crews are for 'security'.. basically to keep spectators out of the flight path of the aircraft.
Fair enough, Daglish was there so more than likely came from them.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
rich

heveay helitac

Post by rich »

East gidge also have one we were one of the first to get one but don't get called on for it anymore ?
teztink

Post by teztink »

Last edited by teztink on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

im not 100% sure, but i think that all bfb heavy tankers (7.2 9.2) have collar tanks on there trucks,

i do not know about welshpool and daglish having them, i would say no, as they do not have the water to fill them up,

thats why i belive that only bfb heavy tankers carry the collar tanks, as they have the water to fill them up, before looking for hydrants to fill them up with, that way they can rock up, set up the tank and go for water, that way making the helitaks staying close to the fire area and getting more water on the fire..

like i said before i do not know if this is correct, its just my personal theroy on the situation,.