Jobe codes and Lingo ...

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

Thanks guys, makes listening to the fireies alot more easier. Just another question though, i heard on the weekend a code 90, do the FD use similar or same codes to Ambulance to descibe certain events such as a "code 90" which is a deceased person and if so are there are list of codes that they use?

cheers :)
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

HEKTIK wrote:Thanks guys, makes listening to the fireies alot more easier. Just another question though, i heard on the weekend a code 90, do the FD use similar or same codes to Ambulance to descibe certain events such as a "code 90" which is a deceased person and if so are there are list of codes that they use?

cheers :)
You got it in one. Code 90 is for a deceased person. Thankfully it is not heard very often.
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

Last edited by firefly.000 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

That would solve the problem for 80-90% of these calls, but then there are the other users of the radionet who don't even use code 90, and pass on excessive information over the radio.

Just learned the codes used by RFS in NSW, 'delta' as in "D" for deceased and so on. Sounds a bit basic for me... But I shouldn't start with the RFS ways...
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Just curious i saw fremantle first going somewhere on an emergency call and fremantle LT behind, and it occured to me pretty much 99% of the time ive seen a fire vehicle on its way to a call they have the windows down, now i know SJA and wapol have there windows up when responding to a emergency call any reason why there windows are down or its just the thing thats done and no standing order.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

:D
Last edited by bomber on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

it just how we roll.

chris
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Yeah same...just how I drive really, unless it's raining or I'm talking on my hands free, or listening in to a feint signal on the scanner. (which seems to be most fire calls these days :( )
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

I get the shits up when people wind the windows down.. The bloody siren is loud enough as it is, makes it damn hard to hear the radios (and I'm sure it'd annoy the radio ops on the other end too)

Comfort is why the vehicles have air conditioning!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I hate air conditioning, I prefer having the wind from outside cooling me down, even at 2200 in winter I drive with my windows down. As for volume, haven't had a problem listening to pumpers and light tankers with their sirens going, and whenever I've seen Osborne Park they've had their windows open. If the radio op, can't hear them then they'll tell them to wind the windows up like VKI did during a chase, because for once the cop car had a loud siren.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Cheers for that wasnt sure if fesa had a policy windows must be up etc-
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

Fastlane wrote:Comfort is why the vehicles have air conditioning!
When it works :wink:
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

Last edited by firefly.000 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
FiremansPole

Post by FiremansPole »

JG-103 wrote:Its not eight point eight, its an eight eight, just like with vehilces, its a three four, not a three point four.

Bit like when you catch a bus, 866 for example, its eight six six not the eight sixty six or eight hundred and sixty six.

JG103 :P
Just to clarify we have taken up the vehicle four point four call sign due too it having a simular meaning of 44 (Arrived Investigating) i personnally would use the point system. Just to make it easier for ComCen to understand and avoid confusion.