Jobe codes and Lingo ...

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Jobe codes and Lingo ...

Post by nra555 »

vehicles are always said as 1.4, 2.4, 4.4 ect..... remember its uniform,
44,66,88 are also uniform, why would a 2.4 be called a 24 when a arrival code is 44.... makes no sense.

as for calling codes, its simply them sizing the task up as they see it. and the alarm code is to address what resources they need there.

44 - no obvious job, investigating. (usualy heard when they arrive at a Direct to Brigade Alarm
66 - Minor job, getting to work
88 - Majour job, getting to work
90 - Deceased person
Last edited by nra555 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

I would think that there reason behinde them having their windows down on firecall would be to hear other emergency vehicles sirens? thats the reason their different between agencies isnt it?
as for police/amb keeping their up, well they might be listening to other information about the call.

either that, or like everyone else said its personal preference. idk
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Answering a statement from 3 years ago? c'mon!

It's preference. Tho, you cant hear a thing with the windows down (including the radio!)
Kempa

Post by Kempa »

for those who have access to the FESA intranet, check out SOP 1 Mobalising and i has a complete list of what turnes out to what type of alarm level(1st Alarm, 2ND Alarm) for each type of incident. worth a look for those that are interested
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

is there a link or something?
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
yorky

Post by yorky »

kyeboi wrote:is there a link or something?
Only to those who are FESA members.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kyeboi »

im a fesa volly
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
yorky

Post by yorky »

Then you would need to speak to your (insert superior's job title here) regarding Intranet access.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

nra555 wrote:I would think that there reason behinde them having their windows down on firecall would be to hear other emergency vehicles sirens? thats the reason their different between agencies isnt it?
as for police/amb keeping their up, well they might be listening to other information about the call.

SJA say windows up on P1, but I think that stems from the days of the Fords where the siren was on the roof, I have has my partner wind down his window while i was driving on P1 to wave to another ambulance as we over took it they are loud, it was rather loud, its the CYA theory in place by SJA, if they say windows up, no one can complain if they loose their hearing due to sirens, its a HSE thing, prevention is better than cure.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

nra555 wrote:I would think that there reason behinde them having their windows down on firecall would be to hear other emergency vehicles sirens? thats the reason their different between agencies isnt it?

Different sirens has nothing to do with being able to tell who is who. It's nice for those interested to be able to tell that, but no part of the decision.

The reason they are different is simply because they are using different suppliers or models of siren control or speaker. Sirens often differ within each service as well due simply to equipment differing at time of manufacture
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

yorky wrote:Then you would need to speak to your (insert superior's job title here) regarding Intranet access.
You can register at https://extranet.fesa.wa.gov.au/sites/v ... /Home.aspx using your FESA volunteer ID
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kyeboi »

Magnus wrote:
yorky wrote:Then you would need to speak to your (insert superior's job title here) regarding Intranet access.
You can register at https://extranet.fesa.wa.gov.au/sites/v ... /Home.aspx using your FESA volunteer ID

cheers dude all done :)
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kyeboi »

Kempa wrote:for those who have access to the FESA intranet, check out SOP 1 Mobalising and i has a complete list of what turnes out to what type of alarm level(1st Alarm, 2ND Alarm) for each type of incident. worth a look for those that are interested

thats quite intresting ay but just one thing wen would u use helitac and fixed wings ? i thought it was 3rd alarm but its not on there ?
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

kyeboi. Please utilise the english language and not sms lingo.

As for fixed wings and helitac's it all depends on the oic, incident controller and the reasons why. Since you now have access to the fesa intranet/volly portal. Go have a look under training and you will see the ground controllers book which you can download and have a look. I am not on my computer any more so I can't see what the priority is on air support.

You also have zone 2 and 2a, these zones now have been enlarged and have automatic helitac mobilisation and the 1st arriving crew either keeps them coming or stands them down no matter the incident. Its difficult to type out a lot of info on my phone and if I have left something out I am sure someone will come after me and add stuff in.