Toodyay WildFire Grass

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

chrissss

Post by chrissss »

last time i went up they had a few more than 2 but im not arguing anymore wat would happen if king park went up theyd be stuffed!!!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

chrissss wrote:last time i went up they had a few more than 2 but im not arguing anymore wat would happen if king park went up theyd be stuffed!!!
You have Perth 1st and Perth 2nd as far as pumps are concerned. Thats it.

Kings Park board has a few fire appliances and Daglish is just down the road. Besides in Kings Park they arent allowed to leave tracks or cut breaks and any report of a fire triggers a larger initial response than a normal scrub fire on the plains. Fires on the escarpment also trigger a different response (I believe, Helitacs automatically this summer).
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

i take it youve never been to a huge bushfire with the frs involved................... there is usually about 5-10 pumps lined up down the road becuase only the light tankers can get in im not takin the piss im just saying

chriso :P
Stu

Post by Stu »

Spot on fastlane. Fires in Kings Park and on the escapment are zone 2 response - automatic turnout of helitacs and/or fixed wing water bombers
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

chrissss wrote:i take it youve never been to a huge bushfire with the frs involved................... there is usually about 5-10 pumps lined up down the road becuase only the light tankers can get in im not takin the piss im just saying

chriso :P
Alot more than you, I suspect. Why do you think most career stations have a composite crew of a pump and light tanker, instead of just 4 people in the pump?
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

true
but i dont see why they turnout the pump to all bushfires coz if ther was another call to that brigade while they wer at another fire the pump could go instead of turning out another brigade..............which is beside the point and u beat me

wateva dude
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

chrissss wrote:true
but i dont see why they turnout the pump to all bushfires coz if ther was another call to that brigade while they wer at another fire the pump could go instead of turning out another brigade..............which is beside the point and u beat me

wateva dude
Minimum crew for donning BA to enter a building is *4*, with backup on the way. Makes sense, rather than just sending pumps out on their own with 2 ppl onboard? Sending a light tanker with the crew split across the 2 gives them the capability to attend to more incidents than if they were all in a pump (or all in a light tanker).
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

agreed but ther are also stations with 4 in the pump and 2 in the LTs
but yer true what you sed
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

chrissss wrote:agreed but ther are also stations with 4 in the pump and 2 in the LTs
but yer true what you sed
Only volunteer stations :)