Toodyay WildFire Grass

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Glen
150+ posts
150+ posts

Toodyay WildFire Grass

Post by Glen »

Hi All
Perth Heavy Tanker is onway FIRE CALL to Toodyay WildFire Grass.
There ETA is 1HR 15MIN?
Regards Glen
Glen
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Glen »

Fire started by POWER POLE !!
Regards Glen
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Perth doesn't have any heavy tankers. You probabably heard Toodyay Central Urban Tanker or similar (which is the wrong callsign anyway)
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

they had quite a mix up with transsmissions at that fire due to distance from 6ar/6ip possibly wrong channel
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

chrissss wrote:they had quite a mix up with transsmissions at that fire due to distance from 6ar/6ip possibly wrong channel
That's interesting... from what I've been hearing, apart from a comms problem where the 6AR <> 6IP link was one way only for a while all the traffic on 6AR is still on 6IP. Is there a set time when 6IP is delinked from metro for the summer fire season?
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

ther same channel same operator thers just 4 different channels for each or something repeaters in different areas its the same channel but dfferent freqs for different areas another light just comes on when we cll in on 6ip im pretty sure

chriso 8)
Glen
150+ posts
150+ posts

Perth Heavy tanker

Post by Glen »

Heavy tanker- Isuzu JCS 420 4x4
ROLE

These Appliances are primarily used as water carriers, however, they maybe used in urban and rural bush situations, utilising its 4 x 4 capabilities.

VEHICLE DESCRIPTION

Based on an Isuzu JCS 420 4 x 4 Cab Chassis, this unit is powered by a 6 cylinder diesel engine.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Perth does have a heavy tanker, it a bit old, it was at the games, it is in the fire museum and is used when there is a fire and all of Perth vehicles are at fires and there isnt other brigades to cover, but this doesnt happen very often. JG103 :P
Stu

Post by Stu »

Perth does not have a heavy tanker. They have 1 light tanker alocated in summer.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

1 would think they would have more than one light tanker because perth has a few pumpers and i think they go everywhere together

also in regards to heavy tanker they now call them 2.4, malaga and canning valke have one each and they have been upgraDED with yellow stripes
Stu

Post by Stu »

Perth has 1 LT alocated to Perth 1st in summer. Perth 2nd does not. The Malaga and Canning Vale machines are medium tankers and are called 2.4's urbans.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

if u look at the FESA site ull see medium and heavy tanker
exactly the same they are just called 2.4s

so let me get this straight perth have like 5 pumps and 1 lighttanker
?>?
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

they musta changed it last time i looked they had both my bad now thers just medium tanker(2.4) i think fesa should up date website and put pictures of series4 pumpers with yellow stripes
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

chrissss wrote:if u look at the FESA site ull see medium and heavy tanker
exactly the same they are just called 2.4s

so let me get this straight perth have like 5 pumps and 1 lighttanker
?>?
The vehicle list on the website is VERY out of date.

Perth has 2 pumps, one being a heavy pump, 1 light tanker and a CLP. They really have no need for light tankers in the city.

Daglish is similar. Only one of the Daglish crews has a light tanker.

During summer they sometimes have a few independent light tankers crewed to assist at scrub fires around the metro area, tho I suspect this depends if they have extra firefighters available.
Last edited by Fastlane on Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

vk6hgr wrote:
chrissss wrote:they had quite a mix up with transsmissions at that fire due to distance from 6ar/6ip possibly wrong channel
That's interesting... from what I've been hearing, apart from a comms problem where the 6AR <> 6IP link was one way only for a while all the traffic on 6AR is still on 6IP. Is there a set time when 6IP is delinked from metro for the summer fire season?
Only gets delinked when busy AND they have the staff to man it. They just put some more CSO's on, so that probably will help.

The one way link is usually by accident or due to a technical problem.