FIRE!!!

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Thanks for that Chris, I do appreciate your information.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Last edited by Millsy on Wed May 09, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

chrissss wrote:anywho ill keep everyone posted on fires bigger than 1st alarm
That would be great - FESA's alerts page doesn't give enough alerts for my taste (speaking as someone living in a bushfire-prone area...)

And yes - I've talked to them about it, not going to change ... :(
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

the only time it will change is when someone is killed or badly injured.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

Last edited by chrissss on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

Kalamunda units are heading out to a 'burn off' on 78.5125.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

All;

I briefly heard that there is a fire that is expected to flare up into a big bush fire in Wanneroo.

Can anyone confirm this?
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

Last edited by chrissss on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Chris,

I heard this morning FESA asking for Police to monitor the smoke over the roads throughout the day to warn drivers.

But they are definatley expecting a flare up. - 6AR Metro - is where i heard it this morning around 7:30am
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

read fesas emergency alerts apperently if the situaion changes they'll put more info up
Glen
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Glen »

Lake Neerabup - Issued: Monday, 14 November 2005 10:04 AM
A bush fire that started on Sunday 13 November 2005 at 1920 hours (7:20pm) on the eastern side of Wanneroo Road and south of Wattle Avenue in Lake Neerabup is likely to continue burning for an extended period time.

The fire which is burning in peat can cause acrid smelling smoke until the fire is extinguished. In the interests of health and safety people are warned to not to enter the fire area and avoid exposure to the smoke. This is particularly important for the young, elderly and those with respiratory conditions such as asthma.

The City of Wanneroo’s Chief Bush Fire Control Officer, Mike Teraci said “Volunteer firefighters from the City are working with CALM and other government agencies to resolve the situation as quickly as possible”.

“If smoke is encountered on Wanneroo Road, drivers are asked to slow down and drive with their headlights on.”

Updated information will be provided later in the day or if the situation changes.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Fire is still burning. Will probably burn until winter next year when the water level in the lake begins to rise.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys do we have a place where just like the Police - have a list of types of jobs and job codes that FESA go to??

I heard all sorts of abbreviations last night and this morning following the chemical spill in Fremantle.

Any advice - i would greatly appreciate it.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

gkoutlis wrote:Guys do we have a place where just like the Police - have a list of types of jobs and job codes that FESA go to??

I heard all sorts of abbreviations last night and this morning following the chemical spill in Fremantle.

Any advice - i would greatly appreciate it.
We don't seem to have anything "on paper" but I bet there's a fair amount of knowledge amongst the forum participants.

I hereby volunteer you to post up the things you heard and didn't understand and we'll try and get people to explain them :lol:

(That way we all learn!)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Thanks Zebedee - I will try.