Information on scanners

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Gohie

Information on scanners

Post by Gohie »

Thinking of purchasing mibile scanner to moniter BFB channels in my location. Member of local brigade and wanted this option so I can follow incidence on way home from work in response to incidence. Any suggestions of models etc. greatly appreciated. I am very new at this.

Thank you in anticipation
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Hey Gohie welcome aboard.
If your looking to buy one shortly then u need to make sure it covers the fesa frequency range which is between 70-80(mghz ??? not sure but def between 70-80) have a look at the fesa frequencies for that.. but soon our radios will be goin VHF high band ( i dont know what the frequencies will be) so what you might be best of doing is waiting till we change over so then u know what the frequency range is and dont go buying a mobile scanner that wont cover the new frequencies when we change.

I dont have a mobile scanner so i cant point you in the right direction as to a good one to get.
Gohie

Thanks

Post by Gohie »

Thanks ,

Much appreciated. I will hang on until the change is made to (High VFH??). I have a copy on the current frequency of our brigade and Swan brigades at the moment.

Tanks once again.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Almost every scanner on the market will cover VHF HIGH and most other bands that FESA would ever use.

There's not really any great need to wait, just don't buy a really cheap low end pile of crap, spend a little bit more and you won't regret it. The more you spend usually means the more bands you can access.

Bonez