Difference between 6AR & 6IP

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

*shakes head*

READ THE SOP. It's pretty damn straightforward! The callsign you or the Comcen use (6AR or 6IP) does not mean a great deal UNTIL the network is split. And when it IS split, it doesnt matter which colour your truck is - you use 6AR and those channels when the fire is in gazetted fire district or 6IP when its not.

If you had been around for a while and have travelled INTO the gazetted fire district to a fire when the channels are split, you'd know this! You try calling 6IP and they'll tell you to change channels and call 6AR instead (or vice versa).
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Ok, u tell the me site and i will, i hope it says were this gazzetted area is too
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

JG-103 wrote:Ok, u tell the me site and i will, i hope it says were this gazzetted area is too
What makes you think FESA SOP's are published freely on a website? Ask one of your Brigade Officers if they have them.

As for the term 'gazetted fire district', if you havent heard of it before then I think that says it all. Its defined in the Fire Brigades Act 1942, which is the act relating to the Fire & Rescue Service. You can see the boundaries in a Street-Smart road directory or the Emergency Services Directory. In the Street-Smart you will see them marked as ESL Category boundaries. 1,2 and 4 are generally the 'gazetted' areas.

Pretty simple really - FESA has control/responsibility of fires *inside* the Gazetted Fire District. CALM and Local Govt have control/responsibility of those outside (and yes, that includes structural fires) - this is all defined in the acts. :D
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

[/quote]you use 6AR and those channels when the fire is in gazetted fire district or 6IP when its not

Then my area is a gazzeted fire area and Mandogalup VBFB uses 6ip and Hope Valley FRS and Kwinana VFRS use 6ar and we are all in the same gazzeted area so what the hell does that mean?
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

I give up. Waste of time even trying.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

good cause i dont care
Bundy
Amateur callsign: VK6FABD

Radio link

Post by Bundy »

Hi there,

Just joined the forum today and to answer the query about linking and de linking 6ip and 6ar, yes when it gets busy they de link 25 and 55.

During "Normal" times youre hearing the same person in the same radio room out at FESA house.

Problem is in a major incident when theyre using 25 and 55 you have to keep switching back and forth to hear whats happening whereas generally its not a problem.

Thanks