New Perth fire station

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Fastlane wrote:
Markmywords wrote:I wonder were the other 6 fire units are going to go then :?
All I can think of @ Perth FULL TIME are:

- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Pump
- Perth CLP
- Line Rescue Vehicle
- Personnel Carrier
- Perth Ute

Only 4 of those are firefighting appliances.
(any others anyone?)
What about DM Central? Is that apart of the team there?
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

Last edited by firefly.000 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

firefly.000 wrote:Hi
I think Tyranus meant a downsize in the number of bays, not appliances. Although there is talk that one of the pumps will be moved to Kensington when they get there new station.

The union is mostly against it as money could be better spent elsewhere as Perth already has a perfectly operating and purpose built fire station. Money could be spent on fixing the staff shortages or ageing fleet. The heavy pump replacement is currently of greater concern, not the mediums. All heavy pumps besides Hope Valley are a a good five years older than the oldest medium pump in the metro area.

Minimum maning at the Perth station only requires firefighters for the three pumps and the CLP. Taxis are used 99% of the time now instead of the PC as it is cheaper and more time efficient. The LRV was only being manned permanently when there was just two pumps in town to keep minimum maning and required man/woman power for any high rise procedure. The Perth ute is also not necessary with so many couriers these days.
Gidday Firefly,

Did you say Kensington was getting a new station?? Do you or anyone else have any more info on that? Just interested as its in my area (suburb wise)

Cheers
G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

Last edited by firefly.000 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

firefly.000 wrote:yes there are on for a replacement station. Info is on the FESA intranet if you have access. Still be a while, nothing happens to quickly
That sounds good mate - cheers, will check out the site now - Be interested to see if Kensington gets a Second Team ( Kensington 1st and Second)
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

gkoutlis wrote:
firefly.000 wrote:yes there are on for a replacement station. Info is on the FESA intranet if you have access. Still be a while, nothing happens to quickly
That sounds good mate - cheers, will check out the site now - Be interested to see if Kensington gets a Second Team ( Kensington 1st and Second)
Doubt you'd have access to the FESA Intranet GK. God knows FESA vollies don't even have access to it.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Fastlane wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:
Doubt you'd have access to the FESA Intranet GK. God knows FESA vollies don't even have access to it.
I thought intranet was the same as the FESA main website - no wonder i couldnt find it... :D
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Fastlane wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:
You're not wrong there. We've been trying for ages!
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

If anyone is at FESA HQ/Central Station around midday today (Tue 12-7 12:00), i am heading there to shoot an interview (i think about this topic??). If you spot me, say g'day.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

:wink:
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: New Perth fire station

Post by nachoman »

New Butler fire station opens late and for $2 million more than forecast (watoday)
The state government has opened the new Butler Fire Station six months late, but this might not much worry local firefighters who have operated from "donga"-style buildings for a decade.

The new fire station cost $7.5 million, $2.1 million more than Emergency Services Minister Joe Francis said it would cost a year ago.