Coolup sitrep

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

JG-103

Coolup sitrep

Post by JG-103 »

Righto, i did the 6am to 6pm shift down at Coolup today.
We all met at the Armadale coucil buildings where we had bacon and eggs and hash browns for brekky, followed by a briefing by Terry Ryan and some other guy, the way they was talkin it sounded like we'd be seein some action but yeah.. that wasnt to be.. anyways, they handed out hell detailed maps- 5 pages of the entire fire, split into 4 and with topographical and satallite pics of each. We went in a convoy of about 30+ vehicles down to Coolup.

Vehicles i saw at Coolup control

Yarloop 3.4R (hino gt)
Waroona 2.4U
Waroona Central 3.4 (Izuzu sitech 550)
Cowaramup 3.4R (izuzu sitech 550)
Darradup 3.4R (izuzu sitech 550)
Argyle 3.4R (hino gv)
Eleker 2.4 (izuzu sitech 550)
Bornholm lt
Kalagan 2.4 (hino ft)
Chidlow 4.4R
Catterick lt
East Denmark 3.4 (izuzu sitech 550)

Some of the vehicles in the convoy included, singleton 2.4(U ?), kalamunda 2.4, south coogee 2.4U, greens head 3.4U, jandakot lt, umm some others i cant think of right now..

Anyways, we got another briefing along with more full detail maps of each sector and all the channels and the sector commandors and their mobile numbers and controls numbers and all sorts of mobile numbers for different things, full details of dangers in each sector and what not- never seen an incident so organised before for a change :)

we was in sector charlie with bunbury deputy as our sector commandor, we was with kalamunda 2.4 (who are getting a brand new 2.4 urban), jandakot lt, south coogee 2.4U, singleton 2.4 (U?) another lt... dunno who.. and i think thats all...

Anyways.. first 1 was just seeing to hot spots and the rest was cruising around and takin the scenic tour of our section, we pretty much did absolutely nothing because there was nothing smoldering, not even a puff of smoke.. and our sector was meant to be the danger sector :lol:

Anyways, chicken and salad for lunch.
More scenic patrols of the sector.

Then got redeployed to dwellingup.
Had a roast dinner :D
They had gatorade and choc milk and all sorts at both controls.
then we got a lift back with rockingham ses coz it was 6pm and our crew change had arrived...

So yeah.. that fire isnt goin anywhere.
We only used 3000L of water for the whole 12 hours.

Got some pics and some videos that ill have to get of chris and ill post em up.

Chris is on night shift so he will have a sitrep too.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Is that good or bad fire isnt going anywhere ? is it classed as contained or what just curious ?

Who provides the food FESA i guess ? or they have some sort of volunteer group that does it for you ?
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

There is no running fire at all.
Fire is 1500 hectares
Fire front of 100km's
Nothin but mop up

The salvation army provides the food and fesa pays the bill (i know someone ( fastlane :wink: ) will correct me if im wrong)
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

JG-103 wrote:There is no running fire at all.
Fire is 1500 hectares
Fire front of 100km's
Nothin but mop up

The salvation army provides the food and fesa pays the bill (i know someone ( fastlane :wink: ) will correct me if im wrong)
*laugh*. exactly right.. was it the salvos or others catering down there though? Big ones like that, DEC (ex CALM) usually has their own arrangements.. god knows they feed ppl better!

We have 2 people down there at the moment on a 48 hour shift - sharing a light tanker with another 2 people.. they work the night, then swap for the days.. they're all being accomodated in Bunbury @ Lord Forrest - believe some are also staying in Mandurah at The Atrium.

(btw, you might wanna add an extra 0 to the fire size!)
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

I did two shifts at dwellingup, providing first aid, and the food there was being run by DEC, and they made sure that we knew there was food there for us to enjoy, but at 2am in the morning you really don't feel like food, but sleep.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: Coolup sitrep

Post by Zebedee »

JG-103 wrote:We all met at the Armadale coucil buildings where we had bacon and eggs and hash browns for brekky,

Anyways, chicken and salad for lunch.

Then got redeployed to dwellingup.
Had a roast dinner :D
They had gatorade and choc milk and all sorts at both controls.
Nice to see you're posting about the most important part ... FOOD!!! :smt023
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

hahaha zedebee :lol:

The salvos are their but i think DEC are in control and payin for it, because if it was fesa then all we'd have is the salvo bus, and not friggen roast dinners, pies, pasties, DEC where given everyone their own snack packs and stuff... all i know is i Like how they go all out with the food :D

didnt see a toasted sandwich in site !!! (although i dont mind the toasties)

but yeah DEC know how to look after them selves food wise.. hopefully ill be goin to a few more DEC controlled fires.

Yep Lord forrest- apparently they had a beer tab too... the lucky.... :wink:

Suprised chrislington hasnt given his sitrep.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

i was at coolup tuesday/wednesday 2330-0830 lots and lots of vewhicles all rocked got some good pics
lytec

Post by lytec »

who were you there with and if possiable can we see some pictures please.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

i was there with st john ambulance and ill upload pics soon
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Me n chris both have some video too, ill post mine when he blue tooths it to my comp along with my pics.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

uh roger

my sitrep

i was asked to do the 14 hour night shift on wednesday night(1800-0800!)

i was message by jg throughout the day the first msg made it sound exciting because of what they wer told in the sitrep lol

upon arrivin at the staion at 1600 we wer met by the ses and kwinana cheif and headed off in the ses too coolup, for sum reason the ses driver went all the way to mandurah and then south east to coolup :roll: but anywho we arrived at coolup at around 1730 and met up with el capitano and our crew we wer relievin(includin james) we had a good ol fashion chinwag and they wer tellin us they wer gunna be bored as. but anyway

had roast dinner then went to the breif but because calm and fesa wer takin so long to organise stuff we didnt have our breif till around 2015(it was supposed to orginally be at 1830)

we got put with waneroo LT2 and our sc was so wade from hopevalley(absolute ledgend) he hell lobbyed for us and waneroo to be in his sector lol
we had to monitor bravo sector and a bit of charlie sector by ourselves and waneerrro lt did alpha sector by themselves all the other vehicles from calm and numerous other "out of town brigades" had southern division......
going on what we wer told we wer in for a long night but we received these kool snack packs xonsisting of full size chocy bars and chips and all sorts of other goodies from calm. as soon as we entered the starting point for our sector a frmer came up with a slip on and got us to mop out an edge right next to unburnt ground so we put a tank on it :P

liased with our sc went back to coolup firestation, had a drink etc
came back found a fair few stags put a tank on em by this stage it was 0000 got asked to go to coolup for midbnight snakcs

DEC put on pies pasties, roast chicken dinners cuppa soups, muffins cake etc

talked to waneroo guys said thwey wermt happy with the lights on the new lt(LEDS on roof) coz wer gwettin a new lt monday just wondered if we are gettin em???

got more snack packs

sc came out and we put another tank on various stags and burnt logs
wind picked up to abput 50kph between 1-3 so we stayed out ther monitoring then had a snooze for a hour filled up at coolup had more drinks and went back out snoozed till 6 went for brekky at coolup

full smorgasboard was good

went back to dwellignup and got stood down at around 1000 and other crews went to belmont for a pat on the back lunch

IN CONCLUSION:

fire was 9005 hectares
at dwellingup hq when we went on shift ther was approx calm heavys minumum
DEC know how to treat ther fireys lol but still dont have the best organisation :roll:

all in all its now contained to about 50ms in minimum and yer was a pretty good night pics will be up soon.

chris :wink:
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

at coolup control

at dwellingup

lineup of different 3.4s

guilderton 3.4

Greenhead....lol 3.4u

Only auto 3.4 wit super singles in the state booyah

south cogee 2.4u and jandakot lt1

wanneroo lt2

JC601

AO202?

Muchea1.4R

mUCHEA1.4r

DEC truck compound

Stealth mode 2.4

Waggakine3.4(this seems to be one of the original 3.4 dualcabs like ours but still with older livery

thats it

:D chris
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Good pics chris
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

can u put my pics up too chrislington, now i can put ur sitrep, check the myspace over