forrestdale fire sitrep and vids

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

chrissss

forrestdale fire sitrep and vids

Post by chrissss »

on saturday i was called to go to the forrestdale fire(broom st) in ou brigades 3.4
on turninig out comcen didnt even know which incident we wer heading too and neither did our capitain due to the 2 fires
so i we had a stab to go to broom st due to most bushies goin there
once we arrived we wer met by welshpool 2nd s.o he just told us to go into this bush block off broom st but was not an immedeate danger and we contained it within the breaks when i tried to call our oic on the channel we wer given, iut turned out to be the air operations channel and i was sternly told to get off it. so i had to call 6ip again to find out which channel we we workin on. when we got out of the block we asked the frs wat was happening coz as per usual they werall workin on uhf channel 2 and we dont have access to these radios so basically we didnt know what was going on.

the s.o said there was lots of propertys under threat on certain streets so we got told to go to commercial road ther was bystanders everywer the cops wer just blocking off roads not doing crowd control close to the fire we had to wait for people to move on the way there on the way we drove pst about 5 propertys with fire lapping ther sheds and house even burnt around ther house into the front yard and i think kalmunda 2.4 and lt roleystone appliances and a few others attending to this we got to the head fire on commercial road and met with mddington? pump and our lt talked to there luitenant ther was bystanders everywer all round the trucks like 10 ms away from the fire while we wer trying to do a job it was {EDIT} ridioculos! we wer goin to hit the head fire but tey told us to fill the pump and get more water coz they aready had hoses lyed out and ther was a few frs lts protecting houses

a resdient came up and said he had an unlimited supply of water and lived a few streets away so we followed him turns out he lived over 3ks away over nicholson road down armadlae road dunno wer he was leadin us! so we said stuff that turned around and went firecall back to the control point asked em of a hydrant they didt even know so we just drove into the first street and found our own filled up and went back to commercial road and by the time we got back it was half way up the road as wer drivin down i saw this yellow light next to my window and a huge paper bark in this guys front yard was goin up so no 1 had saw it so we stopped i jumped out ripped the hose off and extinguised it the home owner was quite greatful

so we continued down the road to the head fire all the other 2.4s had run out of water so we wer ther on our own pretty much with baldivis 1.4 the smoke was that bad we could barely see each other outside the truck inside the truck u could only see the tank on the back!

ther was a real thick patch of paperbarks and the fire consumed them all in a 30m wall of flames coming towards us and the road by this time ther wasnt many bystanders around only us lol the helitacs wer droppin on us and the fire and it spotted about 10 times over the road and set this paddock alight next to the oval we couldnt contain it from wer wer wer and it turned into one big fire so we had to bulldoze the coppers logs on the oval to get in and our oic jumped on the back on the monitor and knocked it all out with the help ofthe helitacs(got a 30 second shower of fire retardent twice)
once that was over south coogee 2.4 arrived and we contained the head fire on the actual fire and started moppin up all this was under our own steam like we had no idea of deployment or wateva becasue control didnt even know that ither of us wer ther lik the fire wasnt even sectorised like 1.5 hours after it started
so after we did all that we went back filled up told control wer wer ther and started moppin up again and did so for a further four hours before being released

thats my sitrep
i got videos
pm me if ya want em ill post em up when i workout how

chris[/url]
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

did you see the dickhead on the scooter when the fire jumped to the oval?

we almost drove over him. :shock:
it all got a little bit crazy after that didnt it?
FlashPoint

Post by FlashPoint »

Another day of confusion proudly brought to you by FESA. All Roleystone appliances were sent down there only too be called back by the Armadale CBFCO, rather humiliating only being there 5mins and being turned arround and sent home from a fire on the Armadale border. :( Yay for red trucks, the chief cant turn them arround.
FlashPoint
Magic Smoke, Magic Smoke - Ohh it escaped
  ▲
▲ ▲
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

the elusive mandogalup 3.4
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Thanks chrissss for taking the time to write all that out :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

FlashPoint wrote:Another day of confusion proudly brought to you by FESA. All Roleystone appliances were sent down there only too be called back by the Armadale CBFCO, rather humiliating only being there 5mins and being turned arround and sent home from a fire on the Armadale border. :( Yay for red trucks, the chief cant turn them arround.
It's up to the chief to determine if the resources go out of area in the first place. Someone wasn't following the rules!
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

videos please chris that would be great !!!!
FlashPoint

Post by FlashPoint »

Fastlane wrote:
FlashPoint wrote:Another day of confusion proudly brought to you by FESA. All Roleystone appliances were sent down there only too be called back by the Armadale CBFCO, rather humiliating only being there 5mins and being turned arround and sent home from a fire on the Armadale border. :( Yay for red trucks, the chief cant turn them arround.
It's up to the chief to determine if the resources go out of area in the first place. Someone wasn't following the rules!
The rules were interperated as we seen them, comcen asked for our 2.4s and LTs, untill recently (this weekend) there isnt usually a problem. The problem lies with the MOU between Armadale city and FESA, the dual registration is causing alot of problems. Unfortunately this leaves alot of confused firefighters. :(
FlashPoint
Magic Smoke, Magic Smoke - Ohh it escaped
  ▲
▲ ▲
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

That would suck but seriously at the end of the day being territoral isnt going to help saves lifes or property !!!!

My 5c
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

FlashPoint wrote:
Fastlane wrote:
The rules were interperated as we seen them, comcen asked for our 2.4s and LTs, untill recently (this weekend) there isnt usually a problem. The problem lies with the MOU between Armadale city and FESA, the dual registration is causing alot of problems. Unfortunately this leaves alot of confused firefighters. :(
Probably find it has nothing to do with the MOU. Most shire brigades have a MOU and this does not happen often. Possibly there is more to it than meets the eye.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

philby wrote:did you see the dickhead on the scooter when the fire jumped to the oval?

we almost drove over him. :shock:
it all got a little bit crazy after that didnt it?
haha nah mate didnt see him did u see me?
we were the ONLY ones apart from the helitacs takin care of those hop overs and in the head fire lol funny that :lol:
Another day of confusion proudly brought to you by FESA. All Roleystone appliances were sent down there only too be called back by the Armadale CBFCO, rather humiliating only being there 5mins and being turned arround and sent home from a fire on the Armadale border. Yay for red trucks, the chief cant turn them arround.
bmmer fo the bushies i wondered wer u guys went! when we arrived the 2.4r was ther then poof they wer gone along with the lt!this has happened to us before too a bit frustratin when u onl wanna try and help!

the elusive mandogalup 3.4
roger that! they didnt know we wer ther for ages we just kept doin our own thign until the fire was out. lol

Thanks chrissss for taking the time to write all that out
no probs guys
videos please chris that would be great !!!!
no worries once i work out how they will be up!

chris
lytec

Post by lytec »

i was told the reason roley were turned away was because the armadale guys were worried that there were next to no resources btween armadale and the hils so if something went up there they would of had no one.i dont know for sure just what i heard.make sense though if that was the case
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

oh you must of been on the other oval we had 3 lt on the east oval when she jumped
lytec

Post by lytec »

So can anyone confirm if this incident is finally finished yet.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Minister's ruling - can be seen at this website.