W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

WPXZBP wrote:Good point... if the V8 is a problem then maybe they'll probably go for a Landrover or something like that. Maybe? Possibly? :lol:
Only hurdle would be Govt Policy against V8 vehicles - not much choice in this case, and the currently model Landcruiser actually meets alot of the EU emissions standards etc hence the change, so cant see much in the way of hurdles?

Wash your mouth out for mentioning the 'rovers'.. !!!
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I only mentioned them coz I couldn't remember the name "Patrol". :lol:
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

WPXZBP wrote:I only mentioned them coz I couldn't remember the name "Patrol". :lol:
I only ever saw one Patrol Light Tanker and I think it was heading down your neck of the woods (this was years ago when the ESL came in - and it was a PROPER build, not the slip on type).

The landcruisers are *almost* indestructible.. be silly to change to something else..
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Yep - if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Fastlane wrote:
WPXZBP wrote:I only mentioned them coz I couldn't remember the name "Patrol". :lol:
I only ever saw one Patrol Light Tanker and I think it was heading down your neck of the woods (this was years ago when the ESL came in - and it was a PROPER build, not the slip on type).

The landcruisers are *almost* indestructible.. be silly to change to something else..
Can I assume then that the light tanker patrol was just as sluggish as a normal Turbo Diesel Patrol...I'll give it to the Landcruisers, I don't normally like driving 4WD and that maybe because of my experience with the Patrol, and nor do I like Toyota's the ad's with Steve got on my nerve, but those Cruisers respond well.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

I have actually driven a patrol LT they have heaps more grunt and can keep up with scanias quite well as opposed to the landcruiser. The patrol i used was an auto also which wasnt a good thing as the bands stretched and you couldnt hold it in first for step declines. The cruiser in my opinion is a better bush beast tho.

Ive heard a few good things about the 1.4 ive had a look at them and heard a few BFS guys are lining up to trade they cruisers in. I have also heard of a 1.4 with rescue and 2 BA sets that FESA has dreamed up. The idea is to have the 1.4 with rescue as alot of 4x4 FRS vehicles have trouble meeting the GVM limit and can only hold the 4 BA, too heavy for rescue gear. So in theory i think it could work plus for the country brigades you get 2 more BA sets also.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

The v8 landcruiser is already planned so must have passed the plans. Transfield fire and rescue at garden island have already taken delivery of theres. This has upset a few as a private mob got one first.

Fesa tried patrols for there light tankers and this failed dismally. A patrol light tanker was issued to the kwinana vfrs and from what i can remember may have well been issued to workshops as thats how much time it spent there. It fell apart and couldnt handle teh punishment it got.

As for the 1.4, fesa have already stated through there vehicle commitee that there will be no metro frs either career or vol that will be issued with one. ( Kwinana vfrs have already tried to push this as a deal to lose there scania. They asked for a 3.4 and a 1.4 with rescue .).The idea behind te 1.4 with rescue is for country frs brigades only. What there idea for it is is to issue them to brigades that have big turn out areas. ie Roebourne. Instead of taking there main town appliance 100klms out of town for a t/a they will be also issue with the rescue 1.4 and respond with that. This would mean that the responding crew to teh T/A had both water and rescue gear, and wouldnt leave the town exposed as the main town appliance will still be there to cover.
ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

Thanks for clearing that up Bomber.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

yep
i think julimar has a patrol as there lighttanker its on there website

bomber any more news on the kwinana vfrs situation??

v8 cruisers yaya theyll be good for the grunt.i dont know why people are worried about power ther made for torque ie pulling the load etc

cant beat the cruiser lts oh yeh the new suspension is really good i was in the vehicle when we went to the first fire in it was very stiff needed to be run in now works swweet sits a bit higher then standard

chris
FiremansPole

Post by FiremansPole »

bomber wrote:The v8 landcruiser is already planned so must have passed the plans. Transfield fire and rescue at garden island have already taken delivery of theres. This has upset a few as a private mob got one first.

Fesa tried patrols for there light tankers and this failed dismally. A patrol light tanker was issued to the kwinana vfrs and from what i can remember may have well been issued to workshops as thats how much time it spent there. It fell apart and couldnt handle teh punishment it got.

As for the 1.4, fesa have already stated through there vehicle commitee that there will be no metro frs either career or vol that will be issued with one. ( Kwinana vfrs have already tried to push this as a deal to lose there scania. They asked for a 3.4 and a 1.4 with rescue .).The idea behind te 1.4 with rescue is for country frs brigades only. What there idea for it is is to issue them to brigades that have big turn out areas. ie Roebourne. Instead of taking there main town appliance 100klms out of town for a t/a they will be also issue with the rescue 1.4 and respond with that. This would mean that the responding crew to teh T/A had both water and rescue gear, and wouldnt leave the town exposed as the main town appliance will still be there to cover.
Mmm i cant see why Kwinana should loose such a good looking Scania :D. Compared to other VFRS brigades theres is quite new.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

[quote="FiremansPole"][quote="bomber"]The v8 landcruiser is already planned so must have passed the plans. Transfield fire and rescue at garden island have already taken delivery of theres. This has upset a few as a private mob got one first.

As for the 1.4, fesa have already stated through there vehicle commitee that there will be no metro frs either career or vol that will be issued with one. ( Kwinana vfrs have already tried to push this as a deal to lose there scania. They asked for a 3.4 and a 1.4 with rescue .).The idea behind te 1.4 with rescue is for country frs brigades only. What there idea for it is is to issue them to brigades that have big turn out areas. ie Roebourne. Instead of taking there main town appliance 100klms out of town for a t/a they will be also issue with the rescue 1.4 and respond with that. This would mean that the responding crew to teh T/A had both water and rescue gear, and wouldnt leave the town exposed as the main town appliance will still be there to cover.[/quote]

Mmm i cant see why Kwinana should loose such a good looking Scania :D. Compared to other VFRS brigades theres is quite new.[/quote]

Because they are no longer a 1st response station with hope valley having a heavy. Could be better used wher it was suppose to go ( butler) and with there call rate taking a massive dive this year with hope valleys opening. Like it or hate it calls dictate what appliance you get.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Will they ever go to the V6 hilux's? They were able to carry more weight than the standard landcruiser. Dont know if this is still the case.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Why go a little hilux when they now use Turbo charged V8 landcruisers :P
FiremansPole

Post by FiremansPole »

[quote="bomber]

Because they are no longer a 1st response station with hope valley having a heavy. Could be better used wher it was suppose to go ( butler) and with there call rate taking a massive dive this year with hope valleys opening. Like it or hate it calls dictate what appliance you get.[/quote]

Yep couldnt agree more in that sense.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

:wink:
Last edited by Tom on Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.