W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

clueless

Re: W.A Fire Appliances

Post by clueless »

kyeboi wrote: have you ever seen ses with a ICV like this i dont think so! or prove me wrong
It belongs to the State Emergency Service and is based at Belmont Regional. It is the ICV for Metro SES.
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

well we have been waiting for ours since forever and it was almost finish last time i seen pics so i would say its our as we where to have it when we got our 12.2 unless there are more than 1 built to this stage
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
yes sir!!

Post by yes sir!! »

kyeboi wrote:well we have been waiting for ours since forever and it was almost finish last time i seen pics so i would say its our as we where to have it when we got our 12.2 unless there are more than 1 built to this stage
Errrr i think its been confirmed where this one belongs
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

W.A Fire Appliances

Post by Matt. »

2 are complete

Matt
clueless

Post by clueless »

kyeboi wrote:well we have been waiting for ours since forever and it was almost finish last time i seen pics so i would say its our as we where to have it when we got our 12.2 unless there are more than 1 built to this stage
Perhaps the photos you saw were not for your shire originally? Perhaps, you were infact looking at this one before it was marked up.

There are a number of brigades in the Metro who will be receiving 12.2 BWT appliances & the new ICV's. Wanneroo may not be the first to receive theirs.
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

thats funny because our cheif when to where ever is getting made and took picture of it and the 12.2 but all good everyone can beleve what they like !! all i know is our ICV is nearly ready
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Is this ICV debate still going on. Yawn.

How about somebody who actually knows what's going on posts.

So far I have read about three or four different posts from people who absolutely know about this particular ICV. Problem is they are all saying something different...

It seems as though someone (I won't name names) is extremely passionate about getting their ICV. Don't stress. You will get it soon and all will be ok. I don't see what the major fuss is.
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

kyeboi wrote:thats funny because our cheif when to where ever is getting made and took picture of it and the 12.2 but all good everyone can beleve what they like !! all i know is our ICV is nearly ready
Sounds like our new truck. We were supposed to get it in the middle of last year. This came from the horses mouth. However at the end of the day things change. Priorities get changed very quickly and it appears we are now down the list.

Not doubting that you will get a new ICV, as Wanaroo is one of the outer metro brigades in line for a new ICV. Just don't be too disapointed if "yours" gets assigned to another brigades, and you recieve one of the latter ones.

At the end of the day you can only believe that you are getting a new vehicle when it physically arrives in the station. That is the most reliable source.
clueless

Post by clueless »

kyeboi wrote:thats funny because our cheif when to where ever is getting made and took picture of it and the 12.2 but all good everyone can beleve what they like !! all i know is our ICV is nearly ready
I'm sure Phil did, I don't question that at all. Again, maybe he took photo's of one that was almost finished?
Until it's at the sheds...
observer wrote: Sounds like our new truck. We were supposed to get it in the middle of last year. This came from the horses mouth. However at the end of the day things change. Priorities get changed very quickly and it appears we are now down the list.
:lol:
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Could be Baldivis? I know they are running with a 1978 ish Mercedes 0305 bus! They could have put a name on the truck wherebits heading
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys, regardless of where it goes shouldn't matter as long as it serves it's purpose.

Please quit the bickering on who's it is - stay on topic!

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Where are te current ses command vehicles in the metro region?
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

As far as I know, there is only one dedicated SES command vehicle which is based at the Belmont Bunker.
It's a van (similar to a Transit) and is known as the MCP.
clueless

Post by clueless »

written_ficton wrote:Where are te current ses command vehicles in the metro region?
Vehicle, and Belmont Regional.
yes sir!!

Post by yes sir!! »

written_ficton wrote:Could be Baldivis? I know they are running with a 1978 ish Mercedes 0305 bus! They could have put a name on the truck wherebits heading
Baldivis dont have an ICV, they house the Rockingham ICV. And despite the age of the ICV it is still a well maintaned and up to date vehicle with many others around the metro in much worse state then that one. As most have stated, wait for it to arrive in the shed, because it is a FESA resource and plans could change in a split second.