W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

JG-103

W.A Fire Appliances

Post by JG-103 »

I was thinking that we should have a sticky for just W.A bush fire appliances . That way, those non-firies on here will know what we firies are talking about. Also if those members with information about any of the vehicles, if they could please share their knowledge in this topic to teach the non-firies and even some of the firies about the vehicles it would be muchly appreciated.

If you are going to put your own pics up-so no taking them of brigade websites unless you took them- can you please change the size down to 150 kb or less so that it doesn't take ages for the page to load. If you do not know how to do this, please ask.

Also, if you have any questions about any of the vehicles, please ask them in the topic W.A bush fire appliances Q&A ~Thank you

Here are some photos i took at the bush fire games 06

Bullsbrook Light Tanker 2

Bullsbrook 3.4 Urban

East Swan Light Tanker 1

East Swan Light Tanker 2

Kalumunda 1.4

Kalumunda 2.4

Quinns Rock Light Tanker 1

Quinns Rock 3.4 Urban

Serpentine Light Tanker 1

Singleton Light Tanker 6

Swan 7.2

Swan Incident Control Vehicle (ICV)

Waneroo ICV

if you would like the full size copies, please pm me and i will send them to you.

Hope you guys like my idea.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Being slightly pedantic of course, but theres more than 1 'rock' at Quinns.... :!:
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

There's already a bunch of pics and details of appliances online - click here and here and/or here.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Yes of course there is fastlane, maybe u should put some pics of the others up.

Notice the tire shine on quinns lt1
Wont be lookin that good after that fire last night

Kalumunda also has a 3.4 but it wasnt there.

Those links are ok except that they are mainly fire and rescue appliances, and id like to see pics that our warsug members have taken of bush fire appliances
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Inside pics anyone? :smt038
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

nice photos meg, do u know how to post them on here?

I got some Gav of our vehicles but i didnt take em, ill ask permission to use em.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

JG-103 wrote:nice photos meg, do u know how to post them on here?
Thanks :) Dang - just read the edited first post - I have a photo I took of the Airport appliance in town last week for Canteen day if anyone's interested - but it's not a bushfire appliance of course.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

good pics
hey fastlane wats with the second uniden i think radio in ur lt??

oh yer good idea with the reverse camera of the 3.4

chris
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

chrissss wrote:good pics
hey fastlane wats with the second uniden i think radio in ur lt??
Motorola Maxtrac Radio - for council trunked radio network. These will be going at some time in the future, as the repeater at Yanchep got stolen and its so old, it cannot be replaced.
chrissss wrote: oh yer good idea with the reverse camera of the 3.4

chris
I dont actually use it.. it can be deceiving 'coz things look much further away than they actually are. having no rear vision mirror is a bit of a pain too, 'coz you have to turn around to see what people are doing on the rear deck of the appliance.

it does stop people from taking a slash behind the truck though... especially when the reversing lights and buzzer come on suddenly :lol:
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Heres a pic of it
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Wanaroo chief???

with slimeline light bar
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

haha yer
thought it was nifty tho
that light on the rear which jg pointed out was kool too bullsbrook had the britax peanut version as well i belive we are gettin one on our 7.2 in the future

yeah haha that was funny when u sed it was stolenm wtf who would want an antenna ancietn 1 at that

chris

wer do u get qrbfb decals from:P

chris
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

if you have any questions about any of the vehicles, please ask them in the topic W.A bush fire appliances Q&A~Thank you
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

chrissss wrote:haha yer
thought it was nifty tho
that light on the rear which jg pointed out was kool too bullsbrook had the britax peanut version as well i belive we are gettin one on our 7.2 in the future
The light on the rear only got put on a couple of months ago - it's a Federal Signal Hi Lighter (same as we have on our light tankers). We replaced all of the beacons on the truck and put dual-coloured LED's on the rear. They were all the AeroLight 420's that FESA puts on everything now (they are cheap and not particularly bright or reliable).

Only bit left is to put some LED or strobe modules into the lower deck of the Excalibur mini-bars on the cab.
chrissss wrote: yeah haha that was funny when u sed it was stolenm wtf who would want an antenna ancietn 1 at that
It was the whole repeater that was stolen, not the antenna.. no idea why.
chrissss wrote: wer do u get qrbfb decals from:P
which ones?