W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Fastlane wrote:If I'm not mistaken, all of those pics are single cab Wes? Unless the 'dual cab' on the Hino is invisible? :lol:
My mistake :lol:

Post by 5001020 »

Here are some pics from todays Saturday morning sked call and a bit of off road practice.

Cheers
Jas

Shot with DMC-LS2. at 1969-12-31

chrissss

Post by chrissss »

good too see these new lts are gettin up into the hills

good pics

chris
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

5001020 wrote:Shot with DMC-LS2. at 1969-12-31
Those shots are a bit old Jason! I would have been nearly 2 months old then. :lol:
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

Not sure if this red is meant to be in here but here it is anyway, part of the Geraldton team. 8)
[img][img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z171 ... bum017.jpg[/img][/img]

Post by 5001020 »

Hahaha i never noticed that, im not sure why its like that, iv set the time and date on the camera.

Thanks Chris, i think we were the first BFB out this way to get the new LTs. Got them in 05 and rumour has it there getting replaced next year! things sure have changed allot recently!

And yes thats FRS but still a good photo, thanks.

Cheers
Jas
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

In Joondalup today

bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Good news for our brigade today. Without warning a new LT was dropped off at the station to replace our old one. Bit of a shock as that was only 4 yrs old. Going for re-furbishment then a new life in the country. Will take photos and post over the wekend
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

bomber wrote:Good news for our brigade today. Without warning a new LT was dropped off at the station to replace our old one. Bit of a shock as that was only 4 yrs old. Going for re-furbishment then a new life in the country. Will take photos and post over the wekend
Just a standard cruiser bomber? I'm looking forward to the new Turbo Diesel V8 Landcruisers... !
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Yes the standard. Was speaking to the capt today re this and he was informed that workshops brought the last 48 chassis avail to finish the run. This should take them up until may next year, then they will go the v8 version.

The new lt however has the upgraded suspension so rides higher than the older style.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

excellent, we need the higher ride after calm/DEC has been at work creating fire breaks and restricting access!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

bomber wrote:Yes the standard. Was speaking to the capt today re this and he was informed that workshops brought the last 48 chassis avail to finish the run. This should take them up until may next year, then they will go the v8 version.

The new lt however has the upgraded suspension so rides higher than the older style.
Hmm, we got told it was enough for the 06/07 replacement program but beyond that, they'll have to use the V8. Guess we shall find out when one of ours gets replaced in the next 12 months! (fingers crossed)

The GVM upgrade is a good thing - they started doing the appliances up here after delivery.. its good to see they have taken it on as a standard measure. Really does improve the offroad handling of the vehicle (the Wanneroo appliance you took a pic of would've had the upgrade done after delivery).
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I wonder if 1.4s will start to replace LTs in the future.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

WPXZBP wrote:I wonder if 1.4s will start to replace LTs in the future.
Possibly, however, licensing then becomes a problem. You can't drive a 1.4 on a car license - you need a Light Rigid license as a minimum..
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Good point... if the V8 is a problem then maybe they'll probably go for a Landrover or something like that. Maybe? Possibly? :lol: