W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

WPXZBP

Re: W.A Fire Appliances

Post by WPXZBP »

The appliance is, not the photo. Wish it was the photo though! :lol:
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Welshpool 1st has changed from MP74 to MP45. Apparently it will be a couple of weeks until they get back MP74
I've closed the door!
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Last edited by HL 101 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

GWN7 News wrote:Bunbury and Kalgoorlie have their new UPHRs. Geraldton has received their new one recently. Albany are to get theirs soon.
Schis

Post by Schis »

Albany has their new $600,000 machine.. Noticed you have a new bus now Wes :P
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

2½ years new. :lol:

I was informed of Albany having their new UPHR tonight. They'll be doing the training on it before getting rid of the Acco. AFAIK one of the Station Officers will be conducting the training.
Schis

Post by Schis »

The Acco is off to Forrestfield so I'm told.. and my bad about the slowness.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Blast, Saw Fortescue's (presume its for FMG) new Fire truck at the Tonkin X Horie heading east miller lights on my home today, no pic sorry

All white tanker, Isuzu, High Chassis, with yellow and black Checker around the middle, 3 peanut lights on the roof, Red Amber and Blue.

Red writing on the side, Fortescue Emergency Service
Schis

Post by Schis »

3 or 4 brigades within the City of Albany are receiving new units.. we're getting two! will throw some pics up when they arrive later this week.
Schis

Post by Schis »

We received our new light tanker today, replacing the old landrover, looks the goods. Will get some photos up later.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Bornholm?
Schis

Post by Schis »

South Coast :)
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Duncraig has a Series 3 Pump Again...

Daglish 1st HP25
Daglish 1st LT, looks like the new V8 with the new flat line lights
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Spotted a brand new LT with LED roof lights heading south on the Kwinana Fwy this afternoon.

No call sign - but it looked like a stretched version - 4 Doors! - Red in colour and had 2 hose-reels on the back that looked absolutley brand spankers.

Dealer Plates on the front and back too - and no unit number on the roof like all other appliances usually have... Just thought I'd mention it - perhaps someone knows which station it will be heading to eventually...

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
kwn

Post by kwn »

New water efficient firefighting appliance for brigade
Monday 18 April 2011 – 1:10 PM
Quinns Rocks Bush Fire Brigade is now better equipped to fight bushfires after receiving a new $105 000 light tanker.

The appliance uses water more efficiently, which is vitally important with Western Australia being a large dry state at risk from bushfire every year.

FESA North Coastal District Manager Mike Teraci said the new light tanker was equipped with the latest state of the art firefighting equipment which would help firefighters respond to emergencies.

“The old Quinns Rocks appliance was nearing the end of its life,” Mr Teraci said.

“The new light tanker can pump 250 litres of water per minute and has many safety features that will make responding safer including improved braking and handling capabilities not available when the old appliance was built.”

What makes this Lt use water more efficiently??