W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: W.A Fire Appliances

Post by written_ficton »

meg wrote:
written_ficton wrote: @ Meg - you still at Roleystone Fire Station?
Right now? No.
Then it looks like they may have changed appliances since you left, or otherwise my information is lacking from what is available on the public internet.
I've closed the door!
Wazza Y

Post by Wazza Y »

Roleystones appliances are both 2.4's. VFRS has a 2.4U BFS has a 2.4R.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Kinda off topic but the website said the 2.4R was based on the DEC HD. I thought HDs where 3.4s and the gang trucks were 2.4s?
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Wazza Y wrote:Roleystones appliances are both 2.4's. VFRS has a 2.4U BFS has a 2.4R.
You are quite right :-) I'm used to the 3.4's in my old brigade - they look very similar!

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Hi Guys,

Saw on Barrack Street this afternoon what looked like a longer version of a HSR Pump??

It was brand new - all in white with Clear Roof LED Lightbar with 2 FESA uniforms (one of which was driving). Had dealer plates on the back. All side and front LED emergency lights - Hose Reel and Pump section on the left hand side.

Looked impressive. It was following Perth 1st towards Northbridge - two front wheels and the rear had 4 (2 left and 2 right).

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
kwn

Post by kwn »

gkoutlis wrote:Hi Guys,

Saw on Barrack Street this afternoon what looked like a longer version of a HSR Pump??

It was brand new - all in white with Clear Roof LED Lightbar with 2 FESA uniforms (one of which was driving). Had dealer plates on the back. All side and front LED emergency lights - Hose Reel and Pump section on the left hand side.

Looked impressive. It was following Perth 1st towards Northbridge - two front wheels and the rear had 4 (2 left and 2 right).

G

Kwinanas new HSR has been at Hope Valley station out the back. It looks real nice.
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

kwn wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Hi Guys,

G

Kwinanas new HSR has been at Hope Valley station out the back. It looks real nice.
My guess would be one of the new HSR Series 3. that are built on the 900 isuzu. they look mint,
----BUDDAH VFRS----
fosterglen

Post by fosterglen »

Any pictures yet?
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

It was at DOT - license centre in Welshpool earlier this morning. Looks nice! Camera was in the glove compartment so no pictures :(
I've closed the door!
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

written_ficton wrote:It was at DOT - license centre in Welshpool earlier this morning. Looks nice! Camera was in the glove compartment so no pictures :(
It does in deed. much bigger then the HSR S1 and HSR S2. for example there are 3 steps to get in the cab not 2.
i will see if i can chase up a few pics. or if anyone out there does have some pics please share
----BUDDAH VFRS----
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Kwinana's HSR @ Dowerin Field Day (850 chassis is what I've been told.)
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

It looks really sweet :) Anyone got any details, pump duty etc?
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

WPXZBP wrote:Kwinana's HSR @ Dowerin Field Day (850 chassis is what I've been told.)

lol Wes to the rescue.
yeah correct. i remember now they changes, something to do with not a lot of 900's available. but yeah what a beast. lol
----BUDDAH VFRS----
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Forgot to take a photo of the details and the zoom in doesn't show much.

Dumbleyung VFRS will get HSR-39.
Wazza Y

Post by Wazza Y »

WPXZBP wrote:Kwinana's HSR @ Dowerin Field Day (850 chassis is what I've been told.)
Thought that looked familar, it's the one on the cover of the Association of Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades of WA diary.