W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: W.A Fire Appliances

Post by dlcat1 »

Helitak_670 wrote:Pic of the 12.2 is found via this link
http://www.fire-engine-photos.com/pictu ... r25367.asp
That is one nice unit :)

It's not WA, but I thought there might be some interest in this collection of BWTs. http://www.bulkwater.org/bulkday.htm All NSW RFS BWT are category 13, so the callsigns would be Station Name 13A, 13B, 13C etc which I reckon doesn't really make much sense when there is everything from a 5.2 to a 31.6.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Whilst the RFS use a different callsign system it still makes sense. In terms of main response appliances, the Cat 1, Cat 2 and Cat 7 are all of similar capability apart from age. A Cat 1 is a 3.4, Cat 7 is a 1.4, and a Cat 9 is a light tanker. These are the appliances you really need to be able to ask for quickly or understand what you have around the fireground. For Bulk water, you either want whatever you can get, or a specific type so you can just request that.

The other thing that makes it pretty easy is that RFS is still very much district based operationally. Most officers will be aware of their local resources and request them accordingly.

I personally prefer the WA callsigns (AFAC based), but it's just a bit different. I also really like a joint dispatch/comcen. But with the politics between the services over here that's going to be a very difficult situation to achieve.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

True re the 1,2,7,9 and 11 which are all pretty stock standard but I'm still not sold on the single category for BWT as they are vastly different beasts in terms of where they can go.
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

i was on http://vk6hgr.echidna.id.au/warsug/freq ... ntinfo.pdf i was wondering is Fast attack the same as light tanker?
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Yep...what was once known as a fast attack is now called a light tanker.
MasterScorp

Post by MasterScorp »

Info for anyone thats interested Bunbury CFRS new Urban Pump Heavy Rescue is now in service :)
Bunury VFRS
CP11 & LT294
obzelite

Post by obzelite »

just had, for lack of better description, a regular looking truck going lights and sirens past work on albany highway towards gosnells. of course its all red and has fesa on the side, but definitely not a pump.

i'm guessing its some kind of equipment vehicle?
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

obzelite wrote:just had, for lack of better description, a regular looking truck going lights and sirens past work on albany highway towards gosnells. of course its all red and has fesa on the side, but definitely not a pump.

SET? ICV? POD?
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

obzelite wrote:just had, for lack of better description, a regular looking truck going lights and sirens past work on albany highway towards gosnells. of course its all red and has fesa on the side, but definitely not a pump.

When you say "has fesa on the side", what do you mean? All FRS trucks (which are the red trucks) have "Fire and Rescue Service" (or slight variation of) on the side of the vehicles. FESA is mentioned in much smaller stickers. Are you confusing FRS with FESA or did it have "FESA" on the side. Can you describe the vehcile in more detail, as a regular looking truck could be anything (depending on what you clasify as a regular looking truck).
kwn

Post by kwn »

Was it a SET

http://www.fesa.wa.gov.au/internet/?Men ... tentID=282
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Was a S.E.T I had to pull over the bugger!
I had no objection to pulling over, It's certainly a sight seeing a monster of a truck blaring down towards you
I've closed the door!
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Last edited by HL 101 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

HL 101 wrote:Ellenbrook have two Light Tankers.
Many of the outer suburban career FRS stations are allocated a second Light Tanker during the summer months.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

extra light tankers have been given to career station and are maned by either relief crews, or crew on call back.
----BUDDAH VFRS----
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

At least 2 spare appliances - Heavy Pumps, were brought online Sunday evening as the proverbial was happening. Would have been crewed by recalls or Vol brigades.