W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: W.A Fire Appliances

Post by Helitak_670 »

Pic of the 12.2 is found via this link
http://www.fire-engine-photos.com/pictu ... r25367.asp
Chooky

Post by Chooky »

Here is a few close up's from our official handover in early November too. The hydraulic lift for the portable pump and collar tank can be seen in the last photo behind the cab.

Chook
FCO Jandakot VBFB
jezza

Post by jezza »

I see there a been quite a few changes from the origional prototype that was given to Oakford a little while ago...
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

where did the images go?
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
Chooky

Post by Chooky »

Still there for me!

Chook
FCO Jandakot VBFB
MasterScorp

Post by MasterScorp »

hey all, I can now confirm that bunbury CFRS took delivery of their new appliance today. will hopefully get down to the station in the next few days and get some pics to post....
Bunury VFRS
CP11 & LT294
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Is the Jandakot BWT an additional appliance for the Brigade, or has it replaced another appliance?? What other Brigades (if any) have now got a new BWT?
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

I imagine at Jandakot it would have replaced the older 9.2

Other existing ones around metro from memory are:
Mandogalup 7.2
Gosnells 7.2
Baldivis 9.2
Bullsbrook 7.2

Only other new one I know of is Oakford 9.2 - the first of the newer ones. This replaced an old Ford 7.2

Does anyone know what is happening to the old ones? Some will need to be replaced, but others may be pensioned off to rural areas?
BFB LT1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BFB LT1 »

Our BWT has replaced our 27 year old 9.2 at Jandakot. It was originaly a garbage truck for the city of Cockburn but got converted to a 9.2 many years ago. I believe because it was so old it was going to be auctioned off as it was no use to council any more. Our new BWT is the first proto type off the line and currently is the only one of it type in WA, but with plenty more of these trucks to follow when they iron out a few problems with it.
Crippled
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

BFB LT1, we are hearing rumers that these new BWT are overweight, and that your truck can only carry 9000l instead of 12000l (or a reduced capacity). We are also hearign that your truck will be taken off the road after the fire season to have modifications to fix the issue. Can you shead any light on this.
BFB LT1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BFB LT1 »

Observer, our truck is over weight and has got a design fault as there is to much weight over the rear axel hence its call sign is BWT not 12.2 as originally stickerd. The issue is the collar tank behind the cab it needs to be at the rear of the truck to rectify this problem. As we have been told it is the first one off the production line so there will be little problems FESA will need to iron out before the rest come out. We have been told FESA will take the truck back after this season and fix the problem

Its just nice having a new truck to work out of this summer compared to our extremly old 9.2

BFB
Crippled
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

kylep wrote:I imagine at Jandakot it would have replaced the older 9.2

Other existing ones around metro from memory are:
Mandogalup 7.2
Gosnells 7.2
Baldivis 9.2
Bullsbrook 7.2

Only other new one I know of is Oakford 9.2 - the first of the newer ones. This replaced an old Ford 7.2

Does anyone know what is happening to the old ones? Some will need to be replaced, but others may be pensioned off to rural areas?
Because the majority of the older vehicles are brigade-owned, AFAIK the decision on whether they are auctioned or sold to another brigade is up to the brigade's discretion.

The new set of BWTs are to be strategically placed around the metro/hills areas. Only some of the brigades with former bulk water vehicles will be replaced.

EDIT: Also, Mundijong also have an old 7.2, and Singleton operate a large water tanker with the callsign Singleton Tanker.
-TheDoctor
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

My information is that the BWTs are to be able to be deployed statewide as necessary.
Chooky

Post by Chooky »

WPXZBP wrote:My information is that the BWTs are to be able to be deployed statewide as necessary.
That's correct WPXZBP, it is a FESA owned strategic unit and they can send it anywhere in the state. Also, if we can not get it manned for some reason ( which would be highly unlikely ), FESA can get a crew and take it from our station.

Were still down 3000L of water ( 9000L instead of 12,000L ) until we get clearance from Main Roads, but it is still an excellant unit and by far the highest call out rate of our 4 units.

Chook
FCO Jandakot VBFB
Sgt Seedy

Post by Sgt Seedy »

i saw a very new looking Exmouth VFRS pumper swaning around joondalup today....

can any one confirm whether it is new?