W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

pacestick
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Pro handheld scanner
Bearcat scanner
Wuoxun

Re: W.A Fire Appliances

Post by pacestick »

Yeh a foam Inductor.
Ive never seen one on a Lt before only on a couple of 2.4/3.4's.
Volunteer BFS.
VK6FIRE
xr8edute

Post by xr8edute »

Fastlane wrote: eh? A foam inductor? If so, the vehicles have had them for a long time now. People still don't use them properly though and still end up with a tank full of foam.. !
How do they manage that???
Proud Member of Wagin VFRS & Wagin Town BFS
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Noticed on William Street and St.Georges Tce this morning an older styled S.E.T and a LT waiting at the lights.

Just curious, is it still being used? Or is it for training purposes?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

gkoutlis wrote:Noticed on William Street and St.Georges Tce this morning an older styled S.E.T and a LT waiting at the lights.

G
It's a standby appliance. Light tanker behind as the SET crew is 4 personnel but the old SET01 is single cab.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Fastlane wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Noticed on William Street and St.Georges Tce this morning an older styled S.E.T and a LT waiting at the lights.

G
It's a standby appliance. Light tanker behind as the SET crew is 4 personnel but the old SET01 is single cab.
Great. Thanks for that Fastlane.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Nice to see the new Jandakot BWT (or otherwise known as 12.2 Bulk Water Tanker).

Very impressive and shiney too!!

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Hope the pics will be going up soon G [-o< 8) :lol:

Is the 12.2 equiped for fire fighting or suppression? In other words does it have pumps/hoses/branches for spraying water, or is it designed just for water delivery/tank fills?
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

auntys_eyes wrote:Hope the pics will be going up soon G [-o< 8) :lol:
Sadly, I didn't take any pics, it's a newie so perhaps others may do so whilst it's out and about.

But all I can say about it, is WOW!! - It's got it's own 7,000L Collar Tank. All stored with the help of a Hydraulic Lift on the left hand side. And once it's approved for full water capacity, she'll be carrying 12,000L.

The Collar we assisted (with DM near by showing us it's features etc) to setup, takes 4 minutes, 35 seconds to get the collar loaded.

It's an awesome bit of machinery, which can accept up to 5-6 Helitac refills in a space of 30-40 seconds. All I can say is WOW!! lol - And it's all push button inside the cab, even to start the thing... Getting my HR licence soon, I know what I'll be putting my hand up for lol :P

The BWT - will not be on the fire ground as such, purely only for as the title suggests, to carry bulk water and act as a refill point for LT's, Collar Tank etc... Using 64mm Layflat... Very impressive.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

BFB LT1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BFB LT1 »

Our BWT is very impresive to use aswell G got it's first fire under it's belt last Monday at the bibra lake fire. Had 100m of lay flat run down to a dividing Breech then a line of 38mm into the reeds to mop up, the other line filling LT's still very quickly too. With another 7500ltrs of water able to be held in the collar tank I'm sure it's gunna be a very usefull appliance and get many calls.

BFB LT1
Crippled
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

BFB LT1 wrote:Our BWT is very impresive to use aswell G got it's first fire under it's belt last Monday at the bibra lake fire. Had 100m of lay flat run down to a dividing Breech then a line of 38mm into the reeds to mop up, the other line filling LT's still very quickly too. With another 7500ltrs of water able to be held in the collar tank I'm sure it's gunna be a very usefull appliance and get many calls.

BFB LT1
For sure and the crew who demonstrated it's functions and abilities are a credit to their brigade, as well as the DM who provided us with Pointers and Advice about all the nuts and bolts about the new 12.2. Even some of the VFRS guys were very impressed. I am told this vehicle should last for 15 years. (in the means of wear and tare).

The four LED spot lights (two front and two back) - make the darkest area, seem like day light, which I think is fantastic. Brilliant safety features, esp with the hydraulic lift.

Was lucky enough to have a go at the end of a 64mm Layflat and nozzle - and got to see what the pressure of the hose really feels like with a few extra bars of pressure - we had 3 of us, and the hose almost lifted us both lol (not to that extreme, but close enough) :wink:

See you out on the fire ground sometime BFB... :)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

CobCob

Post by CobCob »

After the Carabooda house fire several weeks ago Craig Hines mentioned in an interview with
Howard Sattler that the metro area would be getting 4 large tankers.I assume that the BWTs are what he was talking about.
Other than Jandakot as mentioned by G does anyone know where the others are going to be based. What make of truck are they built on and what axle configuration. Why are they not approved for 12000 lts at the moment.

Cob
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

CobCob wrote:After the Carabooda house fire several weeks ago Craig Hines mentioned in an interview with
Howard Sattler that the metro area would be getting 4 large tankers.I assume that the BWTs are what he was talking about.
Other than Jandakot as mentioned by G does anyone know where the others are going to be based. What make of truck are they built on and what axle configuration. Why are they not approved for 12000 lts at the moment.

Cob
Hey Cob,

I can shed a bit of light into your questions, but I may need some backing up...

There is in the pipeline for another 7 to be deployed. 3 "hopefully" (the key word) prior to the end of this Fire Season. Don't quote me, but West Swan, Baldivis was mentioned. No dates, but when is anyones guess.

The reason why they are not approved just yet, is awaiting for approval from the DPI for it's vehicle classification as a "Heavy"...

I am hoping someone will fill the gaps here... :)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

kwn

Post by kwn »

gkoutlis wrote:
CobCob wrote:After the Carabooda house fire several weeks ago Craig Hines mentioned in an interview with

Cob
Hey Cob,

I can shed a bit of light into your questions, but I may need some backing up...

There is in the pipeline for another 7 to be deployed. 3 "hopefully" (the key word) prior to the end of this Fire Season. Don't quote me, but West Swan, Baldivis was mentioned. No dates, but when is anyones guess.

The reason why they are not approved just yet, is awaiting for approval from the DPI for it's vehicle classification as a "Heavy"...

I am hoping someone will fill the gaps here... :)

G

I have been told they are not approved yet because they are over weight. The weight over the back wheels is to much. The original design had the water tank up towards the cab. This one has the tank pushed back to accommodate the collar tank etc. We have some smart people designing our trucks?? (HSRs as well). Jandakot got theirs due to the fact they provide some support to the airport and the because the other trucks were so old.
Great looking truck though.
bakerboy

Post by bakerboy »

spotted this in winthrop the other week
pacestick
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Pro handheld scanner
Bearcat scanner
Wuoxun