W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

WPXZBP

Re: W.A Fire Appliances

Post by WPXZBP »

Radzeck wrote:We were very lucky, radiation burns to my face and burnt hands from hose whilst extinguishing light tanker. Other crew member had a slight rad burn to hand.

Very scary, wind change caught us out.

All OK now
Good to hear you guys are ok. :D
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Very lucky indeed. Was a pretty decent fire.. Yet to go on my first outing as a BFB member, still awaiting a training course. Glad to hear you're both okay!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

WPXZBP wrote:
Radzeck wrote:We were very lucky, radiation burns to my face and burnt hands from hose whilst extinguishing light tanker. Other crew member had a slight rad burn to hand.

Very scary, wind change caught us out.

All OK now
Good to hear you guys are ok. :D
ditto to that!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

What are the thoughts on the new ICV that the Belmont ICV crews are training on at the moment...
It is scheduled to replace the old coaster on the 1st of December...
Chooky

Post by Chooky »

Checked out the new Belmont ICV today at the South Metro officers forum in Rockingham, that is one cool piece of kit!!! Two separate compartments for radio operators and IMT. With more air cons, smart screens, laptops, plasma screens, bar fridges and radio's you can poke a stick at. Can recieve live feed directly from Air Recce straight onto their screens.

Going to need hardstand and alot of area to set up though!

Chook
FCO Jandakot VBFB
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

auntys_eyes wrote:Does anyone know what the vehicle ID of 'RU' stand for (as in LT, CP, MPHR, HSR, CLP, SET etc, etc). The CFRS 1.4 that is currently with Dalington VBFB is designated 'RU 01', and i'm not familiar with what it stands for.
RU stands for Rescue Unit. The 1.4 was/still is being trialed as a Rescue unit for Rural Brigades. hence instead of taking the LT with Trailer. all the gear is loaded on a 1.4, pretty much works as a very small version as i HSR.
----BUDDAH VFRS----
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Noticed on my way to Motorplex on Saturday morning - all the trucks from Mandogalup heading out on Anketell Rd towards Thomas Rd.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

BuddahFRS wrote:The 1.4 was/still is being trialed as a Rescue unit for Rural Brigades.
Maybe not "still is" as it was recently loaned to a metro VBFB and is now stationed at a metro VFRS for the season.

BuddahFRS wrote:all the gear is loaded on a 1.4, pretty much works as a very small version as i HSR.
Not that much smaller.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

and no rescue gear or BA.
That was all kept in the pump. It's function is actually closer to a large light tanker.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

The 1.4 Rescue is still not operational at my last info. It will be going to Christmas Island when built.

RU could possibly stand for Rural/Urban or Rural Unit.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

WPXZBP wrote:The 1.4 Rescue is still not operational at my last info. It will be going to Christmas Island when built.

RU could possibly stand for Rural/Urban or Rural Unit.
Its called Perth Station home for the past couple of weeks.
I've closed the door!
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

I know that one is on the design, and pretty much its job is the remove all the gear in the Rescue Hazmat Trailers at rural brigades and put it all in one little truck.

Pretty much the idea of this is for is when in a country town and there is a car accident. the 1.4 with crew can jump in that and go to the call, and if a fire happens in town, the Pump and Tanker can go to that. Pretty much making the pump (2.4U, 3.4U, HSR, CP, LP, MP. ect ect ect) to stay in the town, and the 1.4 to go outside of town
----BUDDAH VFRS----
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

Was riding along the back streets of willetton on my scooter when i saw a LT with odd beacons on top.

from behind the layout was red|orange orange|blue they were the same type of lights on the FRS Lt's but they were split colour (the | denotes the split on the light)

followed it for a bit and realised it was a Hostile Environment Services vehicle. i take it that the reason for the split beacon was for minesites but it didnt have any high level brake/tail lights or indicators, but it did hav a dune flag.
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

treeny wrote:Was riding along the back streets of willetton on my scooter when i saw a LT with odd beacons on top.

from behind the layout was red|orange orange|blue they were the same type of lights on the FRS Lt's but they were split colour (the | denotes the split on the light)

followed it for a bit and realised it was a Hostile Environment Services vehicle. i take it that the reason for the split beacon was for minesites but it didnt have any high level brake/tail lights or indicators, but it did hav a dune flag.

Trucks with the red|orange orange|blue layout are ERT (Emergency Response Team) trucks. usually work at mine sites or other high risk areas.

some company's arrange there fleet differently, some of picked up old LT's and some have got the New LT's, there is also other Heavy Pumpers. there was one in Port Hedland with FMG Markings with a huge monitor on the fount.
----BUDDAH VFRS----
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

sounds like murdochs pump dont wanna behave. been havin trouble with the tank filler and MDT among other things
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE