Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

gkoutlis wrote:
xli wrote:industrial fire in welshpool, can see some of the flames from roe highway..
Keep us posted if you can mate - Im at work, and the streaming FESA channel - isn't exactly allowed - cheers ;)

G
Where do you log onto the streaming FESA channel
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

rockjet wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:
xli wrote:industrial fire in welshpool, can see some of the flames from roe highway..
Keep us posted if you can mate - Im at work, and the streaming FESA channel - isn't exactly allowed - cheers ;)

G
Where do you log onto the streaming FESA channel
under the fesa section there is a sticky called Sticky: Streaming FESA scanner radio . clicl on this and the first post has the link. clink the link and if yiou have the right playing programs presto you have fesa. I am using winamp for mine
xli

Post by xli »

gkoutlis wrote:

G
Saw it on the way to work. Haven't heard anything on it since, and i couldn't see much when driving home.. Nothing on the news also, so its possible it was a controlled fire or something. Hopefully it was only a controlled fire.. would be a bit worrying with the two other fires only yesterday.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

There was nothing on the scanner around that time after you posted the message.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

2 decent structure fires last night at the same time within about 2kms of each other AND they were both duplexes - weired.

Luckily no-one was hurt but both places were pretty gutted. Approx $200,000 damage each. About 00:30am I think... Hami Hill area
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

bomber wrote:
nachoman wrote:Big fire at some sort of scrap metal/car wreck place Hope Valley. Live cross on Ch7 news from chopper. I was passed by Belmont trucks on Canning Hwy South Perth about 17:30, the LT had what looked like a foam trailer attached.
Fire is actually at smorgan steel in naval base.Near rockingham rd x hopevalley road. Currently a 5th alarm hazmat/fire

Trucks in attendance are
Hope valley
success
kwinana
freo ladder
murdoch
belmont
canning vale
chaplain
flo
mandogalup and jandakot bfs

and the mandogolup boys will be happy as they have just been asked for there water tanker. They are draining the hydrants and not getting sufficent water supply
I had the best turn out vids from that incident ay, i had video of freo CLP rocking up, and freo pump and lt, had the dm rocking up (all lights and sirens, had hell good footage of the fire ripping, but was all lost when my car got broken into friday morning and phone was taken. $177 to replace the window.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

JG-103 that sucks some people have no respect with others property.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Sure does. Wish i had them videos up on the brigade page, they would have been awesome. Rest of the call out videos are up on the site now, will get some footage from the smorgan steel fire on their soon, depeneding on how good chris's filming is. Wish u could have all seen the videos i took.

there is 6 or so, if u cant find em, let me know

feed back via this site would also be appreciated, so as we can make improvements
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

and the mandogolup boys will be happy as they have just been asked for there water tanker. They are draining the hydrants and not getting sufficent water supply.

Where does the suply come from ? <--i know sounds stupid enough but is it normal water supply or a serperate supply ?

Post by 5001020 »

Generally just use mains supply through hyrdrants though often when taking allot of water you loose pressure in the system. I think in the metro area you can get the pressure boosted if need be but most ares just have to use less water or find a better spot to draw from.

Cheers
Jas
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

5001020 wrote:Generally just use mains supply through hyrdrants though often when taking allot of water you loose pressure in the system. I think in the metro area you can get the pressure boosted if need be but most ares just have to use less water or find a better spot to draw from.

Cheers
Jas
Correct. At any major fire where there is a need for increased water fesa can put a request through the water company and have the prssure diverted from other systems to increase there supply. In the case of the hope valley this was requested however the response was not the quickest ( they said that they had been waiting for 2hrs ) so bulk tankers ferrying water is the next best thing. They had set up a 6 pump relay ready for the increase in supply. Not sure if it happened.
tango11

Post by tango11 »

3rd Alarm House fire @ Mount John Rd Herron Estate.

Falcon
Mandurah 1st
Mandurah 2nd

Southern Districts & lake Cliffton also attending.

Stuck at work, call via Fire Phone, no scanner...buggar
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Who are you with tango. Man or falcon
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

WPXZBP wrote:ABC News reports two 13 year olds will be charged with lighting the fire in the National Hotel in Fremantle.
Remember this one? Found this while catching up on the news....
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html
A WARD of the state is accused of lighting a fire in a Fremantle laneway a day before answering a charge over the blaze which gutted the port's historic National Hotel.
Well.... it's nice to know our government departments are taking care of these kids properly.... :?
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

He "alledgedly" started another one :S

Makes me wonder if the first one was really an "accident"