Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Really flat out night for the firies last night and early this morning too...

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html
Delta_246

Post by Delta_246 »

Gkoutlis your quite right, it was extrememly busy but they failed to mention all the false alarms yesterday in the city which caused havoc especially the 2 x false fire alarms in the new train tunnel……
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Delta_246 wrote:Gkoutlis your quite right, it was extrememly busy but they failed to mention all the false alarms yesterday in the city which caused havoc especially the 2 x false fire alarms in the new train tunnel……
Gee - I didn't hear about that one - I do know from listening abit before I feel asleep - 6AR was hammering the jobs out to crews - I just hope this isn't a recurring thing....
Delta_246

Post by Delta_246 »

I was talking to some colleagues saying that the first couple of days in summer are shocking for false alarms as the heat tests out the alarm systems and the more dodgey ones give way / batteries fail. It was busy for the crews and it was even my turn to cook! French linguini with buttered mushrooms!

I lost count how many times Perth 1st went screaming out of the depo…..

Tell you what this is my first ‘real’ summer and I have not sweated this much in my life before
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Delta_246 wrote:I was talking to some colleagues saying that the first couple of days in summer are shocking for false alarms as the heat tests out the alarm systems and the more dodgey ones give way / batteries fail. It was busy for the crews and it was even my turn to cook! French linguini with buttered mushrooms!

I lost count how many times Perth 1st went screaming out of the depo…..

Tell you what this is my first ‘real’ summer and I have not sweated this much in my life before

Cheers for sharing that Delta - It must get frustrating the number of false alarms.

Are you based out at Perth are you?
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

celestial_insight wrote:Went to 4th alarm status, crews still there at 3:43 am..
Officers from the Police Rail Unit, City Detectives and Arson Squad have charged a 15 year old boy in regards to the $1,000,000 fire in Barrack Street Perth last night.
It will be alleged that the juvenile has set fire to cardboard boxes at the rear of Loi’s Eastern Supermarket which has spread through the two storey premises at around 9.45pm.
The boy was arrested and is due to appear in the Perth Children’s Court today charged with Criminal Damage by Fire.
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

celestial_insight wrote:
celestial_insight wrote:Went to 4th alarm status, crews still there at 3:43 am..
Officers from the Police Rail Unit, City Detectives and Arson Squad have charged a 15 year old boy in regards to the $1,000,000 fire in Barrack Street Perth last night.
It will be alleged that the juvenile has set fire to cardboard boxes at the rear of Loi’s Eastern Supermarket which has spread through the two storey premises at around 9.45pm.
The boy was arrested and is due to appear in the Perth Children’s Court today charged with Criminal Damage by Fire.
Little prick.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

What's a 15 yr old kid doing out in the streets at this time?? Throw the book at em' - or better still - take em' out to a bush fire to see what Fire really does - piss-heads like that need to learn respect for property and the community.
lytec

Post by lytec »

wonder if this is the same kid(i cant remmember his age) as the freo fire starter.Maybe if that kid got a real punishment it might help deter other kids.This debt should follow the kid like a hecs debt and coem out of his wages for a % at a time until it is paid off in the future
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Courtesy of Antt - Large fire up in Kenwick - possibly controlled burn???? Causing traffic issues on Roe Hwy - East Bound. - Traffic banked back 2-3kms.

Anyone with more info?
lytec

Post by lytec »

doubt it would be a controlled burn there at this time of the day.Nothing on the DEC website either
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

lytec wrote:doubt it would be a controlled burn there at this time of the day.Nothing on the DEC website either
Roger that - well Antt said he said a Pump and Light Tanker putting out the middle section of grass/shrub in between Roe hwy - but thats what i was told...

Re: Airport Fire Tenders

Post by 5001020 »

Kombi wrote:Would any Fesa person know if a Airport Fire Tender would turn out to assist OUTSIDE of the airport at a fire, namely major??
I have worked with the firies from pearce airbase, they turned out one of their appliances to the Bullsbrook fires a few years ago. I still want one of those monitors!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

5001020 wrote:
Kombi wrote:Would any Fesa person know if a Airport Fire Tender would turn out to assist OUTSIDE of the airport at a fire, namely major??
I have worked with the firies from pearce airbase, they turned out one of their appliances to the Bullsbrook fires a few years ago. I still want one of those monitors!
You'll find theres alot of Airforce land around Bullsbrook and surrounds (separate from the base) which they are responsible for..
Kombi

Post by Kombi »

Fastlane wrote:
5001020 wrote:
You'll find theres alot of Airforce land around Bullsbrook and surrounds (separate from the base) which they are responsible for..
What do you want? ,,a MONITOR,,or did you mean Monsters,,,meaning those fire tenders, ive got some pictures on Webshots of 2 monsters at Oshkosh.