Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

celestial_insight wrote:Helitak Chopper footage.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7PksYrl_S0A
That looks very familiar :) Same location as I took my photos from, on the previous page...

Good videoing though, whoever did it ...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

The footage was taken by a mate who emailed the link to me this morning.. looks pretty good

PS Couldn't fault the pilot !!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

celestial_insight wrote:The footage was taken by a mate who emailed the link to me this morning.. looks pretty good

PS Couldn't fault the pilot !!
Some of the stuff the guys do is nothing short of amazing AND a godsend!

Anyone know of the squirrels have auto-hover ?
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Guildford's light pumper went through in the second video - first time I've seen it.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

haha sweet vids!!! I got a couple of pics of 671 flying over my neighbours house (How could I not take pics) presumeably to refill in the the little dam in the North estate at Helena Valley, can't upload them anywhere though, can't be bothered stuffing around with photobucket. But if someone is prepared to host them I can forward them on...too bad he didn't fly past again one more time, I had the camera on video ready for him.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

meg wrote:
xli wrote:BGC contracting and several other large trucking depots are based across the road there.. and theres a nasty smell that constantly hangs around there on a regular basis, so i'd imagine theres storage of chemicals or something..
I've smelled that smell going home in the evenings - hope there's nothing too nasty in storage there...

Every time I look out the office window in the afternoons recently, there's another darned fire!!!
Pager: A83 Scrub fire Helena Valley Rd Helna Valley x bushmead inc. 71490

Bit close to home for my liking! All the things are stored at BGC the area that was on fire, was the very dry grass paddocks that are on your right when you're heading towards the Estate. Only got a brief glance when I was coming home around 2030.
chrissss wrote:was listening to the national hotel fire from the start
was mega crazy the s.o seemed a bit flustered now i can see why i was waitin for him to say sixth alarm even though ther is no such things
heard freo turn out a ttl i thought they had clp?

chris
Sixth Alarm has been used by someone in Wanneroo apparently.

6IP this is Wanneroo Light Tanker # 66 6 th alarm grass fire bigger than you've ever seen before, over. (apparently 6IP didn't quite understand the idea of a 6th alarm but got it in the end)
If someone can verify this then even better! We seem to leave ourselves open with a lot of 6's
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Tyranus wrote: Sixth Alarm has been used by someone in Wanneroo apparently.

6IP this is Wanneroo Light Tanker # 66 6 th alarm grass fire bigger than you've ever seen before, over. (apparently 6IP didn't quite understand the idea of a 6th alarm but got it in the end)
If someone can verify this then even better! We seem to leave ourselves open with a lot of 6's
Love to know where you got this crap from.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

mate of mine, who's always good about telling the truth and not beefing it up, maybe he got told the story by someone else who was expanding on what happened. But I'll still believe my mate as a credible source for most things. He's told me a couple of stories that I thought were bull but were in fact true.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

auntys_eyes wrote:
xli wrote:... and theres a nasty smell that constantly hangs around there on a regular basis, so i'd imagine theres storage of chemicals or something..
The god awfull stench to which you reffer comes from the animal meat processing plant that hides in the bush on the corner of Stirling and the Gt East Bybass. The foul smell is all invasive, and anyone living within a 5km radius is at the mercy of the prevailing wind direction. :(
There's actually two plants one each side of Gt Eastern Hwy bypass, been to both with work a couple of years ago, wouldn't like to work there. Hell of a smell if they went up.
Markmywords

Fire Starter caught !!!!

Post by Markmywords »

March 13, 2007 11:37am
Article from: AAPFont size: + -
Send this article: Print Email

POLICE have charged an 11-year-old boy who they allege lit a fire that burnt through 10 hectares of bushland in Perth's east at the weekend.

Fire and emergency crews were called about 2pm (WDT) on Sunday to the blaze which threatened houses in the Perth suburb of High Wycombe.

The fire was brought under control only after it burnt through 10ha of bush.

Police today said they had charged an 11-year-old boy with lighting a fire likely to cause injury or damage.

He has been summonsed to appear in the Midland Children's Court at a later date.

(i hope this was a one off for him and only 11 years at that kinda scarey what he could do in 10 years time if he is inclined this way)
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Tyranus said:
I got a couple of pics of 671 flying over my neighbours house (How could I not take pics) presumeably to refill in the the little dam in the North estate at Helena Valley, can't upload them anywhere though, can't be bothered stuffing around with photobucket. But if someone is prepared to host them I can forward them on...
PM me for my email addy and I will happily put them up for ya mate 8)
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

ABC News reports two 13 year olds will be charged with lighting the fire in the National Hotel in Fremantle.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Whats wrong with kids these days. They used to burn ants, now its buildings. Crazy.
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

The thing that gets me is do their parents know where they are? I mean it was quite late at night, 13 yrs old, a school night, surely someone should have been responsible for them?
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)