Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

auntys_eyes wrote:Another fire in the Greenmount area. Saw smoke and heard lots of sirens about an hour ago. Looks like it may have been in the Greenmount Nat Pk just sth of Gt East Hwy. Any one know more?? If so this will be the third significant fire in the same area in the last three days!! :(
We haven't been paged... yet at any rate.

The number of firs in that area is getting beyond a joke - keep an eye out for anyone looking suspicious.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Murdoch & Wapol went and saw some kids at the skate park in leeming who keep lightin fires round that area today,

Murdoch on there way back as one of the fires has flared up again
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

meg wrote:
auntys_eyes wrote:Another fire in the Greenmount area. Saw smoke and heard lots of sirens about an hour ago. Looks like it may have been in the Greenmount Nat Pk just sth of Gt East Hwy. Any one know more?? If so this will be the third significant fire in the same area in the last three days!! :(
We haven't been paged... yet at any rate.

The number of firs in that area is getting beyond a joke - keep an eye out for anyone looking suspicious.
From my pager:
A83 Fire Call scrub fire coongan av greenmount x prichard
Darlington Light Tankers 1 and 2 were first on scene I believe, fire in mop up if not already fully out, at one point there were 9 Light Tankers from various stations including Parkervielle. Mundaring ICV was stood down about half an hour after the page went off.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.

Post by 5001020 »

Yeah it was in one of the quarries in Darlington. We had Welshpool FRS, 2 Darlington LTs, 2 Glen Forrest LTs, a Sawyers Valley LT and 2 helitacs working initially. Was a real horrible one, trying to work in the quary.

Jay
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Was this in the area locally known as the 'Old Goat Farm' :?: If so, i go walking through there a bit, it is (was??? :( ) a really nice area. My daughter's best friend lives in a house that backs onto there.

God help us if the three fires in this area in the last three days are related. :(
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!

Post by 5001020 »

Yep, it was in the old goat farm. in and around one of the quaries on the main track running through there. Fortunately no properties were threatened. I personally dont think this was related to the other two, but thats just my opinion. Hopefully its not going to end up like a couple of years ago, with a major fire every week or so.

Jay
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Nah it wasn't, two young kids were smoking death sticks, and dropped one. Came out and confessed, not sure whether it was to one of our members that rocked up in the LT or to another one of our guys nearby. Said it was an accident...hopefully that's taught them a lesson...don't do death sticks!
I swear some of our guys must live in the station, you hear the sirens come on 6 minutes after the pager has gone off!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.

Post by 5001020 »

Yeah i didnt know if we were supposed to mention that as yet. Yeah Darligton got out there pretty quickly, though i think the helitacs realy saved the day
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Fire near barrington/stock road any updates ?

And now another one stock and forrest rd

They questioned 3 kids in regards to these fires this morning

The forrest road fire Restarted this evening murdoch first and murdoch lt were on scene when i drove past on the way home after dinner

Last edited by Markmywords on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mitch

Post by mitch »

bush fire in high wycombe 1 road blocked
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

mitch wrote:bush fire in high wycombe 1 road blocked
The High Wycombe bush fire started earlier this afternoon. I got some good photos from my brother's front yard :)

It's not often you can go out the front door and see this:

A couple of other pics:

Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

National Hotel, Fremantle

Post by vk6hgr »

The historic National Hotel in Freo is on fire. 5th alarm (!)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Any updates, i dont pick up 6AR too good only picked it up from VF101 and another car calling urgent, ? a bank on fire as well same location or next door.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Markmywords wrote:Any updates, i dont pick up 6AR too good only picked it up from VF101 and another car calling urgent, ? a bank on fire as well same location or next door.
AFAIK the name might have confused the police, thinking it was "National bank" not "national hotel". But just a guess... haven't heard much except the chaos going on 6AR at the moment :-)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Markmywords wrote:Any updates, i dont pick up 6AR too good only picked it up from VF101 and another car calling urgent, ? a bank on fire as well same location or next door.
Map of freo shows 2 banks in that block.