Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

most the traffic police had to come from freo but the areas pretty much cornered off now with 2 supervisors heading down there-be good to see some pics alot of people are being moved on from gawking as the helitact couldnt land to refill.

A command post at grove and richardson has been set up and are going onto another channel to run the op.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

yes i managed to get some great pics of both the fire and helitac. They are still working hard but the smoke is alot less.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Am trying to download images of rocky fire can anyone inform me of how ?.[/img]
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Markmywords wrote:major fire rockingham as we speak any updates ?
Fire was in the bush surrounding Lake Richmond
Rockingham 1st called it 2nd alarm before they even arrived judging it by the smoke, we could see it from the henderson tip fire, it was rippin..
bomber wrote:Am trying to download images of rocky fire can anyone inform me of how ?.[/img]
Use this site

http://imageshack.us/

Upload the pic, grab the coding in the Forum (1) or (2) section, and copy and past it into here.

Any problems, pm me.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

We went to the Henderson tip fire to assist Hope Valley, turned out to be a 2nd alarm with extra resources.... jandakot 9.2 and 2 lts and south coogee lt.

I have turn out footage if anyone wants it. Me n chris have been taken em :D
Also have turn out footage from the kwinana beach fire a couple weeks back and also another fire. Pm me if u want it.
Last edited by JG-103 on Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

dunno for some reason yesterday was the first time i could get the FESA on the scanner weeks and weeks n had no idea then all of a sudden it starts working haha :S
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Good to see the Mandogalup boys from the forum out on duty yesterday. =D> I didn't envy you guys due to the heat and wind :shock:
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
herbie1204

Post by herbie1204 »

Reported on the cricket (channel 9).......fire at observation city, scarborough. Anyone have any details :?:
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

From where I live Marngaroo it looks as tho theres a fire in the Northen Suberbs could the bush near reid hwy have flared up again?
ladytinkerbell

Post by ladytinkerbell »

yeah same here. I am in Alex heights and also heard this on the cricket. I can see smoke and helicopters from my backyard something is going down in Malaga by the looks of things... i dont think it is whiteman park....anyone??
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Koondoola is going up AGAIN- how many times is that...

Bassendean 2nd and Guildford are there along with the usual brigades, fire ground channel 96

Lol Chicky

Me n chris are always on duty

CFM Swan turning out to fire at swan depo ?
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Can anyone tell me if there's a fire on the scarp or Swan area - can see thin smoke up here, it's obviously a little way away but can't even tell the direction. Could have blown in from the Chittering fire?
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Hey Meg

I did hear CFM Swan say he was turning out to the fire in swan- swan depo ? unsure, but def said he was turning out to the fire in swan.

Ill keep u posted if i hear anymore mate :D
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

JG-103 wrote:Ill keep u posted if i hear anymore mate :D
Thanks - my scanner is in our un-air-conditioned studio and I really don't want to go sit up there at the moment...

edit - Swan depot - could be City of Swan depot, Bishop Rd Middle Swan?
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

meg wrote:Can anyone tell me if there's a fire on the scarp or Swan area - can see thin smoke up here, it's obviously a little way away but can't even tell the direction. Could have blown in from the Chittering fire?
Julimar