Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Yeah, thats the Comms unit heading there. Never heard them before.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Rich, the fire is in mop up stage from what i last herd, they would be finished approx 1830
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

bunning rd now under control mopping up
DOCKERS for PREMIERS 2008!!
rich

major fires

Post by rich »

thanks for that ,guess that means i won't be getting called in then
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Mt Helena is now being released to Dalgety Rd in 30 mins so I guess Bunning Rd is pretty much stitched up.

You might get called to Dalgety Road yet though.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

:shock: bassendean only now turning out to the whiteman park fire

I want to here a sitrep from Dalgetty

MT helena 3.4 is required at the delgetty fire, will be released in 30 mins meg :D
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

beat you JG-103 :lol: :lol:
but you where a bit more informitive than me
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

hahah

i got to go to the fire station now, so ill stand down and leave it in ur hands now doogues to keep us up too date :D

Have fun mate
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

:lol: no worries have fun.I heard they've called for SJA as well.Or is this a separate job.
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

JG-103 wrote::shock: bassendean only now turning out to the whiteman park fire
That was Bassendean 2nd. Normally there would be many more BFS brigades there. Whiteman have there own fire defence and Malaga and West Swan also get turned out. If more resources are needed most of the BFS brigades from the swan shire get sent. FRS was being sent to protect the village. As others have said many more BFS would normally have gone but were at the other fire.
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

Their worried it's about to jump Lord St and are about to call in more units
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

dalgetty requesting ETA of water bombers from Bunbury!!
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

doogues71 wrote:Their worried it's about to jump Lord St and are about to call in more units
amazing, long was from Beechboro Road to Lord street, although I am not sure how close to Beechboro Rd it started. I can remember attending a fire there must be five years ago now in February but it burnt the other way. Started at Lord street and this strong easterly pushed it nearly to alexander drive, burnt all around the communications centre there you can see from gnangara rd. was a big day that day
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

firefly.000 wrote:amazing, long was from Beechboro Road to Lord street, although I am not sure how close to Beechboro Rd it started. I can remember attending a fire there must be five years ago now in February but it burnt the other way. Started at Lord street and this strong easterly pushed it nearly to alexander drive, burnt all around the communications centre there you can see from gnangara rd. was a big day that day
I'm not sure where it started either, but the control point is near Beechboro rd so perhaps it started closer to Lord St?

I've seen photos of the fire around the comms installation that you mentioned - looked horrendous!
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

meg wrote:
firefly.000 wrote:amazing, long was from Beechboro Road to Lord street, although I am not sure how close to Beechboro Rd it started. I can remember attending a fire there must be five years ago now in February but it burnt the other way. Started at Lord street and this strong easterly pushed it nearly to alexander drive, burnt all around the communications centre there you can see from gnangara rd. was a big day that day
I'm not sure where it started either, but the control point is near Beechboro rd so perhaps it started closer to Lord St?

I've seen photos of the fire around the comms installation that you mentioned - looked horrendous!
was horrendous, worst was it was the day after the Bellevue chemical fire so was a very tough couple of days