vehicle pictures

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

chrissss

vehicle pictures

Post by chrissss »

hey guys some pictures of perth firestation open day yesterday

perth ute
Image]

murdoch set rear this thing has an icv inside all sorts of cool gear and also a 25 grand thermal imaging thing

they got a new set so they had to get a series 3 pump murdoch pump

perth clp

more to come

chris

(edit by admin - fixed picture URL)
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

baldivis 4.4

collar tank

joondalup lt

brand spanker hrt!!! looks sick probably hasnt even been to an incident yet

perth hrt side

the original hrts before all pumps carried cutters and spreaders, ths has a 5.8 351 under the hood and used to do freo to mandurah under firecall in 51 minutes YEAH!!!!

vintage frs light tanker

thts all for today

chris
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

great pics chris!

The Heavy Rescue vehicle is actually a medium pump with some extra gear carried on it - They did away with the dedicated HRT last year (or year before?) There is also one with the extra gear at Welshpool and another somewhere else..

The Perth one is currently called Perth 3rd.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

there was 2 there one was perth 3rd and the other welshpool i think the 3rd is housed at freo and is fremantle 2nds turnout appliance i believe

also osbourne park is nor set and murdoch is sor

perth 2nds pump isnt very good ay pretty old but at leats they got a hell new hrt
it has hrt on the side....anlo i think it says like hrt 01 they also have a different shape to a normal medium pump as in a couple of extra lockers as well

i think

chris
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

chrissss wrote:there was 2 there one was perth 3rd and the other welshpool i think the 3rd is housed at freo and is fremantle 2nds turnout appliance i believe

also osbourne park is nor set and murdoch is sor

perth 2nds pump isnt very good ay pretty old but at leats they got a hell new hrt
it has hrt on the side....anlo i think it says like hrt 01 they also have a different shape to a normal medium pump as in a couple of extra lockers as well

i think

chris
Has MPHR on the front side.. Medium Pump Heavy Rescue. Someone posted that they spotted it flying up the freeway a few weeks ago.. it was also at the show on the first weekend for the vehicle rescue demo.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

roger fastlane

chris
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Have seen that new Perth 3rd at a couple of jobs including a unit fire last night in Wright St. Very nice.
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Forgive the knowledge defecit... but what is the difference between a 1st, 2nd and 3rd vehicle? What exactly does it mean?
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

G'day fastlane,

It was 1QBA994 I saw whizzing up the fwy a couple of weeks back.

I also have seen 1QBA995 going FCC's last week. The grey front looks grand.

Thanks to the people that knew about the Open Day and didn't advise us other interested members also. :evil:
Last edited by Tom on Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinkbosseslady
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by pinkbosseslady »

That big one with the silver front wouldn't happen to be a Mercedes Actros?

"joondalup lt " - Saw this car about 5 times today as i was doing a footpath right out the front of the station,
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

pinkbosseslady wrote:That big one with the silver front wouldn't happen to be a Mercedes Actros?
All the Medium & Heavy Pump's are Scanias.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Chicky wrote:Forgive the knowledge defecit... but what is the difference between a 1st, 2nd and 3rd vehicle? What exactly does it mean?
From what I understand (and I'll probably be shot down in flames if I am wrong) 1st means first turn-out, 2nd is 2nd turnout and 3rd is 3rd turnout. Volunteer F&RS brigades on their own don't have 1st, 2nd or 3rd as they are the only responders. Other brigades may be called to back up (they in effect would be 2nd). VF&RS brigades (like Mandurah) which have Career F&RS stations there would be 2nd while the CF&RS brigade would be 1st. Perth, maybe Freo, Daglish, Ossie Pk and Murdoch would have 3rd... most other CF&RS brigades would be 1st only or be 1st & 2nd.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. :)
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Thanks WPXZBP. So 1st turn out would definately get hammered then over time if it were always first to head out. Would 2nd step up to 1st if that vehicle was retired from service? Seems simple enough.... Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me :)
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

the hrt looks awesome, love the colour
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Chicky wrote:Thanks WPXZBP. So 1st turn out would definately get hammered then over time if it were always first to head out. Would 2nd step up to 1st if that vehicle was retired from service? Seems simple enough.... Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me :)
Not sure. I do know that when Perth 1st are out and they get another call in their fire area, Perth 2nd are turned out.