early bushfire season.

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

chrissss

Post by chrissss »

just heard an update from quinns lt3
theyve put in a backburn and its contained but the smoke is from the back burn

im sure fastlane could shed some light if he isnt at the incident

how big is it big enough to warrant shires sending up overnighter mop up???

chris
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

a lot of crews are leaving but they said to 6AR they would be there for some hours yet.But it was under control.But when crews where first heading there.The smoke was creeping toward South Perth where I live.And was quite thick.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

anymore news????
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Air support? C'mon.. it doesnt even exist yet! They would've laughed if I requested it!

Was an escape from the lake that was already burning.. nothing unexpected. 4 light tankers, 2 x 3.4's and a loader.

Certainly a bit scary to see what looks to be green grass burning as intensely as it was! No doubt will be out there again in the next few days.

Also, dont mistake all the smoke as being from that fire - CALM also had a hazard reduction burn further north during the day, so probably a mix of the 2.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

im guessin u wer in quinns lt3 fastlane???

chris
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

Fastlane wrote:Air support? C'mon.. it doesnt even exist yet! They would've laughed if I requested it!

Was an escape from the lake that was already burning.. nothing unexpected. 4 light tankers, 2 x 3.4's and a loader.

Certainly a bit scary to see what looks to be green grass burning as intensely as it was! No doubt will be out there again in the next few days.

Also, dont mistake all the smoke as being from that fire - CALM also had a hazard reduction burn further north during the day, so probably a mix of the 2.
See I told they would call in air support.Now whos laughing. :lol: :lol:
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

the fact that people rip things from thin air and post it here as fact still amazes me.

particularly when someone claims 'air support' is being sent out to a fire on the 29th September.

You're just digging yourself a bigger hole, doogues71 :P
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Im pretty sure i saw chrisss had a post on here about the bombers just the other day- in relation to thursday, but now i cant find it.

It was asking u fastlane how the bomber drops were

Air support wasnt available on the 29th of september, but the bombers are available now, as me and chris heard them on thursday. But i highly doubt helitacs will be.

Air attack one was making numerous contacts to air attack base, and aslo heard them say they were at the fire ground.

Maybe doogues71 is referring to this or this post i saw by chris????
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

I think you'll find the water bombers aren't really available still. The job on Thursday wasn't run-of-the-mill for them.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

roger
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

Yesterday, when I was out at Jandakot, I saw two fully loaded water bombers taking off and departing to the south.
ADMIN NOTE: Account details transferred to "Reevesy"
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Yesterday the south bound Dromaders you saw were bound for Bunbury. On Thursday the same two aircraft dropped retardant on a peat/swamp fire in Waneroo somewhere.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

Correct. DEC (formerly CALM) has access to the aircraft well before FESA does.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

They were also used today at the gnangarra fire.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

I saw 2 flying back from down south today while at Secret Harbour.