FESA Appliance sightings

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

FESA Appliance sightings

Post by Tom »

Evening All,

On the freeway home tonight saw a brand new Series 4 Scania. MPHR76 rego was 1QBA994 heading north passed the Warwick I/C under FCC in the emergency lane.

Also whilst up in Joondalup tonight also saw DM CENTRAL going FCC thru a set of TCL's.

Anyone know why some FESA appliances carry WA GOVT regos and some carry normal issue blue and white plates?
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: FESA Appliance sightings

Post by Chicky »

Tom wrote:Anyone know why some FESA appliances carry WA GOVT regos and some carry normal issue blue and white plates?
I am under the impression that the different government bodies determine the application of Govt plates... e.g. MRD has 'normal' plates for those vehicles that have private use allocated (involving fringe benefits to the employee etc) and those for business purposes only have the dedicated blue background/white number issue. :?:
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Yeah but for example some series 4 Scanias have normal issue plates.

This is now PERTH 1ST 1BWG567, gotta dig up my notes and will post details.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Perhaps age of the appliance has something to do with it?

The Series 4 Scania's have been around for a little while now..

I know when our 3.4 Urban arrived 3 years ago, it had Govt plates on it - these were quickly replaced by the local shire though !

(as for managers cars etc, they are all lease vehicles)
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

From what I understand all new FRS appliances should have WAG plates as they are under the control of FESA. Older FRS appliances will keep the general plates until the appliance is replaced. BFS appliances should have regular or Council plates as BFS brigades are under the 'control' of local government. Our old LP has regular plates (8** ###) but our LT, which is newer, has WAG plates (1Q** ###).
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Last edited by gkoutlis on Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

The Isuzu was likely Canning Vale's 2.4
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Last edited by gkoutlis on Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

mayeb make this a sticky so we can say wat vehicles we have seen wat model etc etc series3/4...........for the spread sheet also bishfire vehciels just for fun :D

chris
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

If any of you are interested.. from FESA events calendar..

"October 1 Community Safety Month Vehicle Parade at the Perth Royal Show "

6:15pm I believe.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

thanks fastlane i might stop by n have a look
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

I saw Scania Series 4 MP75 1BXF712 parked inside at FESA HQ this morning.

Didn't have one of those yellow magnetic station ID signs.

Haven't seen this one before.

Anyone know where it's from?
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

perth 2nd replacement?

chris
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

I have heard the type of number plates is determined by the funding for the vehicle. If FESA (WA Gov) funds an appliance it gets Gov plates. If a local govt, insurance company or local fundraising buys an appliance it is not owned by the govt so it gets private plates.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

Toottoot wrote:I have heard the type of number plates is determined by the funding for the vehicle. If FESA (WA Gov) funds an appliance it gets Gov plates. If a local govt, insurance company or local fundraising buys an appliance it is not owned by the govt so it gets private plates.
Not true. Appliances that go to Local Govt (Bush Fire Brigades) through FESA funding have private plates.

Will come down to who the registered owner of the appliance is, not necessarily where the money came from..