The Barnett Government will be under pressure to set up an Eastern States-style rural fire service in line with a major recommendation from the investigation into January’s Yarloop disaster.
The West Australian can reveal the keenly anticipated report makes the case for WA to follow NSW, Victoria and South Australia in having a specialist body to handle bushfire management outside the metropolitan area, including mitigation.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/ ... -services/
WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2558
- Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:33 pm
- Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
- Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'
- Location: Perth, Western Australia
- Posts: 1208
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:06 pm
- Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT
- Location: Caversham, Perth
Thats all very well and good, however SA, VIC, NSW all have CFS/CFA/RFS and all we still had massive fires in the Eastern States, like Pinnery and Wye River.