New rules on 3rd alarm fires

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

New rules on 3rd alarm fires

Post by Turbo »

Heard on the scanner last night that due to a new rule being implemented, only a D.O. can stand down an ICV in a fire classified as a 3rd Alarm (and above I assume)

As many of you know, you will often here a fire classified as a 3rd alarm but ICV not required. Apparently that has changed now. A D.O. has to turn out and then he can stand them down if need be.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: New rules on 3rd alarm fires

Post by Zebedee »

Interesting info and thanks for sharing. I guess it's an attempt to standardise the response to a fire of a certain classification. Much like a Zone 2 or 2A response, you just know that a certain level of turnout will be initiated.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Makes sence to me... considering 3rd alarm is an automatic turnout for the ICV in theory
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

It seems they have already given up on the "rule" anyway.

Have heard several ICV's stood down by the station officer since then.