City Of Swan Brigade/DFES Frequency

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

bogged
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC73XLT
Uniden UBCD396XT

City Of Swan Brigade/DFES Frequency

Post by bogged »

161.3125 is registered to DFES but when i look on the WAERN PDF There is no record and its only registered to some city of swan brigades
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: City Of Swan Brigade/DFES Frequency

Post by Zebedee »

bogged wrote:161.3125 is registered to DFES but when i look on the WAERN PDF There is no record and its only registered to some city of swan brigades
The PDF was created in 2008 when WAERN was new. There may now be extra channels allocated since the PDF was put together. Other channels in the 161 MHz range show up in the PDF as simplex channels so that's more than likely the purpose of this one.

The sites where this frequency is allocated show up in the public ACMA database as being: Brigadoon (East Swan BFB), West Swan, Bullsbrook, Gidgegannup and the City of Swan offices... Since it's only City of Swan brigades that seem to use this frequency, it might be for these fire stations to communicate with the council offices, something like that.

Otherwise your guess is as good as mine! :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

Zebedee wrote:
bogged wrote:161.3125 is registered to DFES but when i look on the WAERN PDF There is no record and its only registered to some city of swan brigades
The PDF was created in 2008 when WAERN was new. There may now be extra channels allocated since the PDF was put together. Other channels in the 161 MHz range show up in the PDF as simplex channels so that's more than likely the purpose of this one.

The sites where this frequency is allocated show up in the public ACMA database as being: Brigadoon (East Swan BFB), West Swan, Bullsbrook, Gidgegannup and the City of Swan offices... Since it's only City of Swan brigades that seem to use this frequency, it might be for these fire stations to communicate with the council offices, something like that.

The ACMA database shows the emission mode as 10K1F3E which is narrowband FM voice, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say it's going to be something like a fixed radio in the fire station rather than any kind of data service.

Beyond all that, your guess is as good as mine! :)

It is very dark.
bogged
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC73XLT
Uniden UBCD396XT

Post by bogged »

Thats why it got me confused because its not on the simplex side of things and its only registered to those brigades
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

bogged wrote:Thats why it got me confused because its not on the simplex side of things and its only registered to those brigades
Well it's registered to DFES not the brigades. The transmitters using that frequency are licenced to those particular fire stations.

Maybe it's a some new thing that's being trialled in the Swan region and will later be rolled out to other areas. Maybe each region has its own simplex frequency so they don't overlap ... who knows.

It is very dark.