WAERN GPS

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Nack
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden BCT15
Puxing PX-888
RTL2832 SDR

WAERN GPS

Post by Nack »

G'day all,

Anyone who's listened to WAFB/FESA/DFES long enough will be familiar with the data tail at the end of a lot of vehicle transmissions. For a long time this used to signify a BFS vehicle (Mundaring Shire in particular), back in the days of the Tait 2020s.

Then the WAERN system was rolled out and I noticed more red trucks with the GPS tail, as this is an inbuilt feature of the TM8200s (T2020s needed a daughter board).

Recently I've noticed that red trucks have once again stopped transmitting their tail. Is anyone able to lend some insight into why this may be? A newer programming release maybe? If so, why disable that feature?

Cheers,

Nack
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: WAERN GPS

Post by Helitak_670 »

It is due to the programing.
Nack
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden BCT15
Puxing PX-888
RTL2832 SDR

Post by Nack »

So they're rolling out two different configurations; one for BFS and one for FRS? I notice that the radio installed in our station only a couple of weeks ago has the configuration to send a GPS tail (it doesn't have a GPS installed though, obviously).
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

I am not too sure, but I am pretty positive they are doing software updates at the moment.
bogged
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC73XLT
Uniden UBCD396XT

Post by bogged »

I had a look an Taits website an saw this, and obviously they can trace our trucks location
http://www.taitradio.com/fire-emergency ... -Australia