Anybody able to give DFES WAERN RX and TX Frequencies

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

hocklm
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC73XLT Scanner

Wouxun KG-UVD1P

Anybody able to give DFES WAERN RX and TX Frequencies

Post by hocklm »

Hey all I just brought a Wouxun KG-UVD1P and I was wondering if anybody was able to give me the TX frequencies for the WAERN , I volunteer with SES and BFB and wanted to program my radio so I could transmit on it and use while operational,

Basically I know the RX freqs from this site and was wondering if anybody could provide me the TX and transmit power for the channels,

Also if anybody knows the SES settings it would be appreciated

Thank you for any info
allycat
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden 536HP DMR,NXDN Uniden USDS100 DMR,NXDN Codan NGT

Re: Anybody able to give DFES WAERN RX and TX Frequencies

Post by allycat »

Don't think your aloud to do that. If you were you would have to get permission from DFES & SES.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Why do you want to use your own radio when operational... why not just use the DFES supplied radios?

No, I am not going to give you the frequencies, as that will likely get me in trouble - however, Google is your friend.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

The use of a Wouxun radio on DFES (or any other frequencies other than amateur radio frequencies by a licensed amateur radio operator) is illegal. DFES has also a circular out banning the use of these types of radio.
Nick
Wannabee

Post by Wannabee »

Is this guy for real??? What can I say a prime example of someone who gives all vollies a bad name.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

I probably should have said that its illegal to use that radio on the waern frequencies unless it is licenced... But it was 2am and I was at work, getting a legible response was a good start.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

The Wouxun is not type compliant and cannot be licensed on the land mobile service. It can only be used legally on amateur frequencies by a licensed amateuer radio operator. Possesion by an unlicensed person is an offence in most countries, including Australia, whether they intend transmitting or not.
Nick
hocklm

Wouxun KG-UVD1P

Post by hocklm »

Thank you all for the information, I wanted to look into it and you all have supplied me with great info, thank you all agin for your help,

Side comment to wannabee, how do I give volunteers bad names? , I risk my life fighting fires some people don't dream of going near like Margaret river. I've been in rescue in SES and now in comms as a base operator, how is it I was trying to expand my knowledge to assist in my tasks,
Basically wannabee think about what volunteers do and don't say I give volunteers bad names as I have RISKED my LIFE a number of times for people like you!

Once again thank you all for the info
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

hocklm wrote:Side comment to wannabee, how do I give volunteers bad names? , I risk my life fighting fires some people don't dream of going near like Margaret river. I've been in rescue in SES and now in comms as a base operator, how is it I was trying to expand my knowledge to assist in my tasks,
Basically wannabee think about what volunteers do and don't say I give volunteers bad names as I have RISKED my LIFE a number of times for people like you!
First of all, see that high horse you're sitting on, start by climbing down from it.

Secondly, without wanting to put words in wannabee's mouth, I suspect that he was referring to people doing things that they're not meant to do - in this case, buying a radio that they don't have a licence for and programming frequencies in that they're not allowed to and using it. Coming on here and saying "I'm a BFB and SES volly and I want to do things that are completely and totally illegal, can someone help me to do that?" - you tell me, what kind of impression would that give to the casual reader? Would it cast vollies in a positive or a negative light do you think?

If you are on duty as an SES or BFB volunteer, they will provide you with the equipment you need. That includes a two-way radio if necessary. Those radios are properly registered and licenced for the frequencies that are programmed into them. The Woxun is not. What licence do you personally hold that makes owning that radio legal?

As for risking your life - don't think you're the only one on this forum who volunteers with one emergency service organisation or another. Probably over half of the active forum posters are in the same boat as you and are career firefighters, volly firefighters, SES, marine rescue or any number of other things.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
hocklm

Wouxun KG-UVD1P

Post by hocklm »

Zebedee,

I understand your words and I know there are hundreds of people who risk their lives each day, I wasn't trying to high note myself, I was stating that I have done my fair share and didn't need the comment that I give volunteers bad names,

The reason I came on this site was to gather info about the frequencies and usage, I received the information and accepted the fact that you need all the licensing.
I also understand there is equipment provided and are licensed, I was seeing if I could create my own equipment to use in conjunction with the ones supplied, I understand in full now from the comments given

Basically I just didn't understand why wannabee had to give the comment which basically stated I was a bad volunteer as he did not specify as you were trying to cover his comment
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Looks like we have a hero among us. =D>
If you are so silly to "Risk your life" not only are you dangerous, but also put your other crew members in danger.