New FESA Spreadsheet

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

madmikey

Post by madmikey »

oh, and town/shire is shire of ashburton, as is paraburdoo...

all vehicles except light tanker are lime green in colour, light tanker is white, all have red/white striping. as for logo, they all have a FRS/HI logo

Call signs
Fire 1 = troop carier
Fire 2 = Isuzu 2wd pump
Fire 3 = Isuzu 4wd pump
Fire 4 = Light Tanker
Rescue 1 = Heavy Rescue Tender
Control = Hamersley Iron Gate House (Tom Price Mine Opperations) except major incidents when the station is used as control.

This brigade is still largely run and funded by hamersley iron (Pilbara Iron Ore / Rio Tinto) and uses mine radios for communications that are shared with other emergency services in town.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Cheers for that, :)
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

Hey Madmikey,You from Tom Price hey!!Was up there as well.Left in 87 dad was one of two GP's up there.I remember I used to give the firies plenty of fire practice when I was there. :lol: :lol: Just ask Harry crow if he's still there.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Parkerville VBFB - 3.4U and LT
Stoneville VBFB - 2x LT's

Chidlow VBFB also have a 3.4R in yellow as well as LT which is white.

Wooroloo VBFB - I think a LT and a 3.4R
Mundaring VFRS - I think a 3.4U and 2 LTs (one LT is red, the other white. The 3.4 is red)

The above are all Mundaring shire (as well as Mt Helena, Sawyers, Darlington et al) and are white unless otherwise described!

There's an Inkpen VBF brigade in Northam but I don't recall what vehicles they have.

There's also a Beejording VBF brigade in Toodyay that I believe has a 2.4 as their only unit.

Did Kalamunda BFB lose a LT when they got the 1.4?

HTH! :)
madmikey

Post by madmikey »

Hey Madmikey,You from Tom Price hey!!Was up there as well.Left in 87 dad was one of two GP's up there.I remember I used to give the firies plenty of fire practice when I was there. Just ask Harry crow if he's still there.
used to be up there, been a couple of years since I left now.
87 = Primary school for me...
can't say I know any harry crow...
I remember when we used to catch the kids / have them dobbed in for lighting fires, we always threatend to have them polish our boots... would have been nice to have made them once... oh well...
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

meg wrote:Parkerville VBFB - 3.4U and LT
Stoneville VBFB - 2x LT's

Chidlow VBFB also have a 3.4R in yellow as well as LT which is white.

Wooroloo VBFB - I think a LT and a 3.4R
Mundaring VFRS - I think a 3.4U and 2 LTs (one LT is red, the other white. The 3.4 is red)

The above are all Mundaring shire (as well as Mt Helena, Sawyers, Darlington et al) and are white unless otherwise described!

There's an Inkpen VBF brigade in Northam but I don't recall what vehicles they have.

There's also a Beejording VBF brigade in Toodyay that I believe has a 2.4 as their only unit.

Did Kalamunda BFB lose a LT when they got the 1.4?

HTH! :)
Thanks Meg. I have a list of all BFB/VFRS/SES/VES/VFS brigades here in the Midlands/Goldfields District and some have detail (limited and unsure on its accuracy) - it's just a matter of getting some spare time to enter the data.
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

madmikey wrote:
Hey Madmikey,You from Tom Price hey!!Was up there as well.Left in 87 dad was one of two GP's up there.I remember I used to give the firies plenty of fire practice when I was there. Just ask Harry crow if he's still there.
used to be up there, been a couple of years since I left now.
87 = Primary school for me...
can't say I know any harry crow...
I remember when we used to catch the kids / have them dobbed in for lighting fires, we always threatend to have them polish our boots... would have been nice to have made them once... oh well...
Harrys probably retired by now.just thought I'd ask see if he was still around.Sounds like they have expaned the trucks they only had three when I was there.And yes they where red except the big main tender.They where just changing them when we left.To that horrible lime green colour.
meg
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

WPXZBP wrote:Thanks Meg. I have a list of all BFB/VFRS/SES/VES/VFS brigades here in the Midlands/Goldfields District and some have detail (limited and unsure on its accuracy) - it's just a matter of getting some spare time to enter the data.
It's a great list WPXZBP - hopefully between us all we can help you fill in the detail on all of the areas :)
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Bejoording is in Toodyay Shire as stated but the info I have (a FESA publication) says it has a 1.4R.

Ta Meg. :)
meg

Post by meg »

WPXZBP wrote:Bejoording is in Toodyay Shire as stated but the info I have (a FESA publication) says it has a 1.4R.

Ta Meg. :)
You could be right about that - I just remember it definitely wasn't a 3.4, though I would have thought they'd have something larger as their only unit.
*shrug*
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I guess the Shire thought it was the best for that Brigade. Maybe there's another BFB nearby.
lytec

Gosnells

Post by lytec »

Hi there I noticed no Gosnells bfs appliances on your list so if you want them then here they are.Gosnells have two light tankers numbered one and two,a 2.4,a 7.2 and an icv.all the call signs go the same way eg Gosnells 7.2 or 2.4 or light tanker 1/2 or icv.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Mundaring VF&RS have a Light Tanker and an HSR.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Is that spreadsheet still available?
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Toottoot wrote:Is that spreadsheet still available?
Try here.

It's not up to date.