Private Vehicles

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Private Vehicles

Post by newbie »

Who ever owns that vehicle must have some balls... and not thought to much about the consequences! I had a good chat about a similar thing a few years back to MRD and its quite clear you cant be doing that sort of thing. There is a set process to get approval to have red and blue lights, then if you want to add a siren and get the relevant approvals to break the road rules thats even more approvals! Its not just MRD that signs off on it, it has to go through all the other agencies that use red and blue and there is no way FESA would sign off on it, let alone the police.

... Just because you can buy all that gear of Ebay now days doesn't mean it's a good idea!

If you got flashed buy a speed camera or went past a cop how are you going to explain that?
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by newbie »

Also under one of the old acts an emergency vehicle was classed as any vehicle that was carrying an emergency service personnel... it went into a little more detail but I haven't seen it for about 13 or so years. This however was changed around the time that FESA came in.

Maybe he/she has read the old act and doesn't realise... surly someone knows who they are and can have a quiet word.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Before all of you keyboard warriors continue posting your theories and personal opinions, may i suggest 2 things.

Firstly, if ANY of you have any concerns with the details of Wannabee's original post, then it would be in your best interest to contact the FCO or Captain of the Baldivis brigade and ask for the details to be clarified with facts, instead of speculating about what did or didn't happen and what is and isn't permitted.

Secondly, before jumping on a forum and posting about what you think or believe might be the case, do some research and arm yourself with the facts. Speculation about possible definitions and interpretations, and allegations of illegality or misconduct againt individuals without evidence, does not help your individual credibility, nor does it show WARSUG in a good light.

Whilst discussion on a public forum is a healthy form of debate, and sometimes a good source of information, a borderline slanderous discussion about the alleged actions of individuals based on one persons observation is not appropriate.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
modernmind

Post by modernmind »

Hear hear
xr8edute

Post by xr8edute »

I can appreciate where your coming from auntyseyes but I also think that what has been said by posters on this topic is exactly the idea of a public forum, peoples own opinions and knowledge, for better or for worse. :)
I agree that posts should not attack anyone personally or contain any slander, but I think it is hard to attack someone personally when they are, at this stage, unidentified.
Having said all that , I think the best option in this case, would be to get in touch with the captain of the brigade in question and let them know who, what, where and when u saw what you did. I am sure he would be happy to receive information like that.

My 2c anyway.

Cheers.
Proud Member of Wagin VFRS & Wagin Town BFS
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

Agree with the others. Call the brigade in question and simply say I am a community member and saw xyz happen, it seemed a little strange so I thought I'd let you know. I'd find it hard to imagine where the captain or other appropriate officer wouldn't be grateful for information/feedback from the community which they serve. If it turns out to be something the relevant senior people in the brigade now know and can act upon it if required and if it's nothing then they'll be grateful people are providing feedback and it'll be nothing.

You'd really be suprised at how many businesses/organisations appreciate feedback from the general public like this.
SgtSeedy
Scanners and Receivers: 6AR
6IP
Ch11 (DEC)

Post by SgtSeedy »

modernmind wrote:Hear hear
auntys_eyes wrote:Before all of you keyboard warriors continue posting your theories and personal opinions, may i suggest 2 things.

Firstly, if ANY of you have any concerns with the details of Wannabee's original post, then it would be in your best interest to contact the FCO or Captain of the Baldivis brigade and ask for the details to be clarified with facts, instead of speculating about what did or didn't happen and what is and isn't permitted.

Secondly, before jumping on a forum and posting about what you think or believe might be the case, do some research and arm yourself with the facts. Speculation about possible definitions and interpretations, and allegations of illegality or misconduct againt individuals without evidence, does not help your individual credibility, nor does it show WARSUG in a good light.

Whilst discussion on a public forum is a healthy form of debate, and sometimes a good source of information, a borderline slanderous discussion about the alleged actions of individuals based on one persons observation is not appropriate.
xr8edute wrote:I can appreciate where your coming from auntyseyes but I also think that what has been said by posters on this topic is exactly the idea of a public forum, peoples own opinions and knowledge, for better or for worse. :)
I agree that posts should not attack anyone personally or contain any slander, but I think it is hard to attack someone personally when they are, at this stage, unidentified.
Having said all that , I think the best option in this case, would be to get in touch with the captain of the brigade in question and let them know who, what, where and when u saw what you did. I am sure he would be happy to receive information like that.

My 2c anyway.

Cheers.
yea not sure what your on about there aunty... This is a public forum with public information being expressed in here.. no forum rules have been broken and nothing untoward has been said about any one or any brigade..... unless ive missed something?? #-o
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Topic locked before I have to hand out any more warnings for behaviour.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.