how do i become a volunteer or cadet for fesa

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

ozzyranger143
Scanners and Receivers: uniden bearcat ubc355xlt

how do i become a volunteer or cadet for fesa

Post by ozzyranger143 »

hey guys just wanted to know if anyone can tell me how to become a volunteer or a cadet for fesa have been thinking about it since i got my first scanner and now that iv left my old hobby as a Australian Army Cadet and my current job is seasonal i thought it would be he best time to find out if anyone could give me any info it would be great
cheers
gkoutlis

Re: how do i become a volunteer or cadet for fesa

Post by gkoutlis »

ozzyranger143 wrote:hey guys just wanted to know if anyone can tell me how to become a volunteer or a cadet for fesa have been thinking about it since i got my first scanner and now that iv left my old hobby as a Australian Army Cadet and my current job is seasonal i thought it would be he best time to find out if anyone could give me any info it would be great
cheers
Hi there and welcome :)

Give this link a try - http://www.fesa.wa.gov.au/volunteers/pa ... corps.aspx

Good Luck.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
ozzyranger143

Post by ozzyranger143 »

thanks mate very helpfull
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

Where abouts do you live?
----BUDDAH VFRS----
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

I'm in the process of joining up at the moment. What I did was look around at what the local brigades are (using info from here, and ye olde google), and contacted them individually.

For example, I live in midland, so I found and contacted any brigade within about 15 minutes from where I live. So I contacted: Bassendean VFRS, Guilford VFRS, Darlington BFB, Glen Forrest BFB, East Swan BFB and West Swan BFB. I Believe Darlington, Basso, and Guilford are run by FESA, the other 3 are run by councils i believe.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
ozzyranger143

Post by ozzyranger143 »

i live in banksia grove and about 20 mins to my closest fire station which i believe is wannaroo 1st
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

There's also Wanneroo Joondalup SES